Newbi Looking for advice on buying a FJR - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2020, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Newbi Looking for advice on buying a FJR

Hi from Denmark

Just joined, for a start to get/find some advice on buying a FJR1300.
I am currently riding a Yamaha MT-01 bruiser, but now the wife would like a bit more comfort, so that we can take some longer trips and occasional motorcycle vacations.
Having owned a Honda Blackbird for some years, I do appriciate smooth sport touring bikes and I guess that the FJR will be even more comfortable in regards to riding position and for the pillion rider.
through riding motorcycles for +30 years I have learned to ask the long time users when in doubt.
So what should we be looking out for? Any known issues aso.? Things to check? Things to walk away from?

One of the candidates that we are loking at is a 2008 reg. 2007 model with 68.000 kms on the clock.

Hope to get some help to become a certified FJR Owner

Tia

Carsten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2020, 09:18 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The FJR model has been in production for nearly 20 years now, and technology has come a long way in that time. Yamaha has kept up with the technology, and there has been steady improvements in the FJR through all those years. So I ask, why would you buy such old technology when newer bikes surely can't cost that much more.

The most significant improvements happened in 2013, with all new electronics including cruise control. You may not have any idea how nice it is to have cruise control on a bike. So, I recommend that you do not buy any FJR older than 2013.

FJR Models owned from new, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2014.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2020, 08:46 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Good day neighbor! I'm a new owner of a 2018 FJR1300AE. For me it was important to get the last gen (from 2016 up) because It has assist slipper clutch, 6 gears, cruise control and LED lights as standard.
Gabriel, Sweden

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page