FJR Owners Forum banner

Searching for a FJR to purchase

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  mattemike 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I've been following this forum for the past 2 years (learned a lot) and finally am planning to purchase a new FJR. Unfortunately there aren't many dealerships in my area (Lower Hudson Valley area in NY) has a FJR in stock, the closest one is about 50 miles from me and the next one is 80 miles. With such limited dealerships to choose from, it is difficult to compare prices/bargain when it comes to purchasing. :|

Wanna hear your purchasing experiences with purchasing from a dealership that is far away from your home.

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
The internet is your friend ! Before I took a single step, I contacted all the dealers within 100mi radius of me and asked for their best out-the-door pricing, which was interesting to see the dealers interpretations of out-the-door pricing, all over the map.

Also most dealers do not “stock” an fjr because they tend to sell slowly but can get them fairly quickly. There are some screaming deals out there on left over models but you’ll need to be patient & maybe open to some travel to get it. Good luck & let us know what you find. Welcome!

#3 ·
My '14 was a two-year old leftover before I decided to get it, and lucked into a limited time Yamaha rebate. However, I'd rather buy a good used low miler and save the depreciation bucks.

#4 · (Edited)
My local dealer didn't stock any FJR's either when I was ready to buy new. Found a deal on a new 2016 A in Lockport Ill at Rich's Yamaha in Dec. of 2018. Finalized the deal over the phone, rented a u-haul moto trailer($14 per day) and drove from south Texas to Lockport to pick up the beauty. One of the last of the cobalt blue metallic models. The entire experience was well worth the savings on any other new FJR I could find on the internet at the time. Like thousands cheaper. It was also a nice three day vacation experience.

Reactions: justacrossthehill
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.