Hello from North Carolina - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 02:36 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Welcome, in Asheboro over by the zoo. Keep an eye on the Meetings & Events section. That's where we post RTE, trips, etc.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 10:42 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Your story is same as mine. Rode my Honda CB750 all over the country before getting married and kids. Sold bike. Iím not 68. Saw too many Gieco commercials and said itís time for Harley so I got a 1200 Sportster Classic. Now thatís a hard way to get back into riding. Anyway saw and started an 2015 FJR and never looked back. Iím in Greensboro, NC and am fortunate to be so close to great riding roads. BRP is an easy day trip.

Enjoy that awesome machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC Retiree
Summerfield, NC
2015 Yamaha FJR 1300

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 04:23 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Retiree View Post
Your story is same as mine. Rode my Honda CB750 all over the country before getting married and kids. Sold bike. Iím not 68. Saw too many Gieco commercials and said itís time for Harley so I got a 1200 Sportster Classic. Now thatís a hard way to get back into riding. Anyway saw and started an 2015 FJR and never looked back. Iím in Greensboro, NC and am fortunate to be so close to great riding roads. BRP is an easy day trip.

Hey stranger! Where the heck have you been?

Russ
2007A

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 07:09 PM
Farkle Trainee

Welcome to the Forum! I'm in Summerfield, right outside of Greensboro. As Russ said, we get together for a lunch and ride every so often or just a ride.. Seems to be a pretty good cluster of us in the SC, NC, VA, area.

Ron

40 years on all kinds of 2-wheeled creations
Current Bike: 08 FJR1300
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 07:32 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
Welcome Tar Heel!

Since you didn't want to put in your city, I won't ask. But could I ask what part of NC you live? Is it closer to the Coast, or somewhere up in those beautiful mountains of that Great State?

I'm down here n Charleston, SC and I LOVE riding up in the mountains of Western NC in the Great Smoky Mountains. Man, there isn't a bad road up there for motorcycles. A man really needs a two-bike trailer when he travels there...to haul 1 dual sport bike and 1 Touring bike. Ride 1 of them one day and the other one the next day. Make it a twofer trip!

Sounds like you get over to the Deals Gap area! Whats a couple of your favorite routes?
I just moved to Bluffton SC from NJ, not far from Charleston. I'm looking forward to planning some trips up that way.

Looking for spirited NJ riders!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philharmonic View Post
Welcome to the FJROwners forum. There's a group that rides out of Charlotte called the Carolina Old Farts Sport Touring Ass. and they know ALL the good roads and despite the name are fast as ****. I couldn't keep up but they wait for you at stop signs etc Nice people. You might just go on a few rides and steal their routes, or you might find that's your cup of tea. Good luck.
Thanks for the info!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Your story is same as mine. Rode my Honda CB750 all over the country before getting married and kids. Sold bike. I’m not 68. Saw too many Gieco commercials and said it’s time for Harley so I got a 1200 Sportster Classic. Now that’s a hard way to get back into riding. Anyway saw and started an 2015 FJR and never looked back. I’m in Greensboro, NC and am fortunate to be so close to great riding roads. BRP is an easy day trip.

Riding a Sportster and riding an FJR is like night and day. I think the Sportster helped me to appreciate the FJR even more. It is an awesome machine!
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2020, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Welcome, in Asheboro over by the zoo. Keep an eye on the Meetings & Events section. That's where we post RTE, trips, etc.
Good to know; thanks!
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 11:34 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Hey Russ,

Iím spending a lot of time up at my farm in Virginia but still riding. I have fond memories of our lighthouse trip to the coast. Hope your doing well!

NC Retiree
Summerfield, NC
2015 Yamaha FJR 1300

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 05:47 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Hey Russ,

Iím spending a lot of time up at my farm in Virginia but still riding. I have fond memories of our lighthouse trip to the coast. Hope your doing well!

I thought you might be up yonder this time of year. Yeah man, doing good. Still posting the occasional RTE (last weekend) and trip. This year we're off to West Virginnie.

Russ
2007A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page