FJR Owners Forum banner

I guess I ride an FJR now

4K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  DJRTX 
#1 ·
I went to a local dealership to look at a BMW R1150RS, but I think I made a better choice and left with this '07 instead.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats on your new ride, good choice, and you got a younger bike since the RS was discontinued in 2005.
Interesting that most average people think the FJR is made by bmw anyway :-D

#6 ·
And it’s one of the very fastest color red bike family as well !!!

Congrats on your new acquisition, I would ask that you add your location and bike year to your signature line as it will help for diagnosing things if you have questions or a problem.

Again, welcome !

Reactions: Abraglam
#7 ·
Abraglam, I think you made the right choice!! Bestest colour FJR evar!

Reactions: passx
#16 ·
Good choice! I too was looking at BMWs, but the potential maintenance costs and lack of a local dealer made me reconsider. Researching sports tourers with the highest reliability and owner satisfaction ratings led me to the FJR.
I found a local, low mileage 2007 at very reasonable price, and purchase it last November. Mine is an AE model with the YCCS paddle shift feature, which were only available in Silver (the quickest color). So if you think yours will be mistaken for a BMW, try riding a silver one. I have been riding it this spring, as weather allows, and it is by far the best all-around motorcycle I have owned. If you are planning to add any accessories, I would advise you to post WTB (want to buy) requests on this forum. You will find great deals on gently used parts, and accessories. Most FJR owners are mature riders who take care of their equipment. Welcome to Team Blue, and the forum!
Boomer59

Reactions: gmeltzer
#17 ·
Gosh I just two days ago bought that bike's twin! And she's a beauty. My first Yamaha since an RD400 in maybe 1979??

Attachments

Reactions: Abraglam
#18 ·
I must admit, I do love that colour. I bought my 2008 6 days before the country was locked down so only managed to stretch the legs this weekend. 400k round trip and her who needs to be listened to gave the pillion seat a thumbs up. So I suppose she’s a keeper. ( the bike that is).

#21 ·
Welcome. I had a '95 BMW RS and sold it to buy my '07 FJR. (Black Cherry). The RS was a great bike for the 13 years I had it. Reliable and comfortable, easy to work on and cheap to own but certainly long in the tooth. The FJR is a great choice, heavy as sin, but a great choice. Clean and lube those links and rear brake pedal! Enjoy!

#22 ·
I went to the BMW dealer in Summer 2016 to buy a new R1200RT. I had done all of my research and only needed a test ride before I rode it home. I was disappointed. So I went to another BMW dealer to ride theirs. I decided I really didn't like it. The second dealer had a one-year-old FJR, so I test-rode that. I felt like I had been riding that bike my entire life. I went out the next week and bought a new one, my first Yamaha.

In September of 2018, I took a two-week tour of the Alps (Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Germany) on a rented, brand new R1200RT. I enjoyed the bike and had a great trip, but I wouldn't trade my FJR for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.