New to FJR’s and forums - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

New to FJR’s and forums

My first post on any forum. I picked up a nice 2007 FJR in Oct. last year. This is the bike I have been wanting for years. I still own a 1987 FJ1200. This hasn’t seen the road for 25 years- one day. Living near Toronto I have finally been able to enjoy my 2007. These bike are just incredible. Fast, smooth, rock solid handling and comfortable for hours of riding. I look forward to being part of this group.
Cheers,
Tim H
Redfish and SpokaneJim like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 06:36 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Welcome aboard! Loads of info here and if you need help navigating we're here for you.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 07:21 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Nice! How about a picture?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 07:32 PM
Farkle Trainee

Howdy, Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!

2016 FJR1300A
2014 Stryker
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 08:04 PM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via Skype™ to Chicago_FJR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H View Post
My first post on any forum. I picked up a nice 2007 FJR in Oct. last year. This is the bike I have been wanting for years. I still own a 1987 FJ1200. This hasnít seen the road for 25 years- one day. Living near Toronto I have finally been able to enjoy my 2007. These bike are just incredible. Fast, smooth, rock solid handling and comfortable for hours of riding. I look forward to being part of this group.
Cheers,
Tim H
Welcome! We are glad you are here and hope we can be of assistance, should you need it.

Best,
Patrick

Last edited by Chicago_FJR; 05-01-2020 at 01:05 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 09:29 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Tim, don't tell me the H stands for Horton, LOL... which side of Toronto?

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2020, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

I am not sure if I am doing this right. I'm just learning how to navigate this forum still. If you could run me through how to send a picture , I will.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2020, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

I'm in Missisauga. And ironically enough, I was named after Tim Horton. My sister was named after his wife- Lori. My grandfather was the head of concessions at Maple Leaf Gardens. He started out selling hotdogs the first day it opened.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2020, 02:10 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
I am not sure if I am doing this right. I'm just learning how to navigate this forum still. If you could run me through how to send a picture , I will.
There are several ways to put pic(ture)s in posts. One way is if you use a separate photo hosting sight, then you can INSERT pics in text. I do not use a hosting sight so this is how I do it:

Directly below the posting box there's an area labeled "DRAG PHOTOS HERE TO ATTACH". You can drag & drop a pic to that area. Or, after you type your text then scroll down a little, click the PREVIEW POST button. Then scroll down more again and there's a MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button where you can browse your computer to upload a pic.

An INSERTED pic is a big one in with the text. An ATTACHMENT pic is a smaller thumbnail that folks can click on to see a bigger version. I've ATTACHED a pic of my handle bar riser & top plate setup so you can see what I mean with attachments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170424_113543574.jpg (272.3 KB, 5 views)

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-30-2020, 02:22 PM
red
FJR Top Gun

New to FJRís and forums

Quote:
My first post on any forum. I picked up a nice 2007 FJR in Oct. last year. This is the bike I have been wanting for years. I still own a 1987 FJ1200. This hasnít seen the road for 25 years- one day.
Cheers,
Tim H
Hey Tim,

Welcome to another FJR sandbox! Lotsa good folks here, and lotsa tech maintenance works. Ask the forum here, for any help needed. There is a Classified Ads section for deals on parts or accessories, between members.

As for the FJ1200, you will want to know about the FJ1200 forum. RPM is the parts business that specializes in the FJ bikes, and a good source for rare and special FJ parts; they own the FJ forum. Friendly bunch, too. It's not an HTTPS site, only HTTP, so it comes listed as an Unsecured website.

http://www.fjowners.com/

Cheers,
Red
2008 FJR1300A
- Pirelli Angel GT (Spec A) tires, RDL seat, TPMS, GPS digital speedometer (Amazon ~US$28.00).
P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page