Only one more week - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Only one more week

And I will get the keys to my brand new FJR!

Hi all,

Happy to join and learn from you all - and of course share whatever I can or know relating to FJR and biking.

Been 'un-biked' for several years and after re entering the fast and open world of biking again I initially started with a Tracer 900 GT. Unfortunately the BMW-driver that ran a red light ended the experience with that bike abruptly. However - it opened the door for my dreamer: the mighty FJR!
So only 7 nights of sleep and I can hear and feel the 1298 cc coming alive. :-)

Cheers!
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:34 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Greetings. Welcome to the forum.

A new FJR? I am envious. It's really hard, but I have to endure with a 2013.

Time spent looking at motorcycles, even Harleys, is never wasted.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:41 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Greetings. Welcome to the forum.

A new FJR? I am envious. It's really hard, but I have to endure with a 2013.

Oh please.... try grinding macadam with an 07'...

...An 07 with a crystal clear windshield!
Me so happy!
passx likes this.

If its got teats or tires, your bound to have trouble with it...
Yamaha 07' 1300-AW
Yamaha 79' XS1100-SF

Kurt

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:17 PM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via Skype™ to Chicago_FJR
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmkivits View Post
And I will get the keys to my brand new FJR!

Hi all,

Happy to join and learn from you all - and of course share whatever I can or know relating to FJR and biking.

So only 7 nights of sleep and I can hear and feel the 1298 cc coming alive. :-)

Cheers!
Peter
Hello and Welcome from Chicago!

I hope you are doing ok post-accident.

Keep us posted!
Patrick
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 11:17 PM
Farkle Trainee

Ahh the anticipation...
You will love this motorcycle.
Congratulations and welcome!
RaYzerman likes this.

Daniel
2017 Yamaha FJR ES
2008 Suzuki DRZ-400 SM
2006 MV Agusta 1000 F4R
2005 Suzuki SV1000S
1997 Suzuki GS500e
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 06:13 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Hey Chico, that's funny, my Min Pin shares your name! I have the pleasure of owning a 2014 1300ES and it is truly an amazing ride. I keep shaking my head on how this performs at a level far above any bike I've ever owned. That's 30 years of bike ownership, hands down, nothing even close.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 01:22 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
I know the feeling. Took me a week to arrange pick up on mine and I trailer-ed it back 300 miles and still could not ride it until I replaced the back tire. Now I have been riding for 2 1/2 weeks straight each day. Very fun bike to ride and the wife agrees as I keep hearing when can we go for a ride.

Enjoy~

2014 FJR1300 Metallic Red
2005 Goldwing- sold
2003 Goldwing- sold
2005 Shadow- sold
2006 Burgman 650- sold
1998 ST1100-Sold
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:01 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Not to hijack this thread but I did the Yamaha “demo days” yesterday at my dealer and rode 3 bikes. The new Tracer GT, the Niken and a 2018 fjr Es.

The Tracer was me looking at a potential lighter replacement for my 2014a, the good:
It is much lighter and has that wonderful 900cc 3 cyl engine, it is pretty nimble, the color display is nice and it has lots of small improvements along with cruise control. The price wasn’t bad at $12,999

The bad :
The clutch engagement was in the very last 10% or so of the lever moment, may be able to adjust that out but I stalled it numerous times.

It has possibly the very worst seat I have ever sat on, bar none ! It drives you into the tank and my wrists were sore after the short test ride due to pushing myself back off the tank.

The beautiful color display screen is way to small for older eye’s to easily read. The display is big enough but they only use about 70-80% of the display area. The fairing and windscreen coverage isn’t great and it has the flat lid small bags that won’t hold much.

The Niken: while basically mostly the same as the Tracer except for the front end was much better than the Tracer to ride. Much better seat with the same basic bars-seat-foot peg triangle that didn’t force you into the tank, much more comfy. But the seat while a lot better isn’t great but much better.

The display is just black/White but displays over the entire screen to make it much easier to read, it appears to be the exact same display as the tracer’s color screen but uses the whole thing vs the tracers much smaller display area.

The Niken really rode nicely and I was impressed but all the added weight takes some away from that wonderful 900 triple, it’s still ok but just not as much spunk. I wonder how long those 15” front tires will last and how much they will cost ?

The entry price on the Niken is pretty expensive (about 18k) for what it is, basically a nice novelty.

And then we have the 2018 fjr Es,,,, turns out it is my favorite easily, very refined and smooth, shifts nicely and the engine is much smoother than my 2014a. I like that 6spd but not enough to spends my money’s.

The stock seat still sucks, (luv my Laam) not nearly as bad as the one on the Tracer (20minutes tops!) but I couldn’t ride it for very long. About the same as the Niken. And then we have the flat paint, sorry guy’s, just not my cup-o-tea, not a flat paint guy. But the fjr was easily my absolute fav,,, just a much better bike imho.
FjrjrF likes this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

Last edited by passx; 08-17-2019 at 10:08 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:05 AM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Welcome to the forum pjmkivits! Sounds like you recovered from the accident, GREAT! How long is your riding season there in the Netherlands?

- Jim,
AMA and MSTA member
2014 GenIII ES
2002 VTX1800c
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:11 AM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
The stock seat still sucks, (luv my Laam) not nearly as bad as the one on the Tracer (20minutes tops!) but I couldn’t ride it for very long. About the same as the Niken. And then we have the flat paint, sorry guy’s, just not my cup-o-tea, not a flat paint guy. But the fjr was easily my absolute fav,,, just a much better bike imho.
Passx, you should have brought your Laam seat to the demo days and told them you'll see them tomorrow! Ha! If the Yammy guy was a FJR rider, he'd understand!

- Jim,
AMA and MSTA member
2014 GenIII ES
2002 VTX1800c

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page