• 1 Post By the Ferret
  • 1 Post By RaYzerman
  • 1 Post By TRnCO

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Just Shuey Say'in "Hi."

Hi.

Well . . . I've been riding since 2007 when I bought a Honda ST1300; went crazy and rode it for almost 50K miles and would have ridden further but for the rather large bear that decided to cross the BRP in front of me. Totaled the bike, broke my ankle.

Bought a 2008 Honda 1300 and continued the craziness, added rally riding to my fevered mind set and . . . rode it for almost 100k miles before I hit a small deer in Maine (left side plastic and aux lights broken - duct taped up and kept going) then cut a rather large deer on the interstate in Mass in half and totaled that bike while I was only black/blue from the two deer halves bouncing off my sides.

Bought a 2010 Honda 1300 just in time to ride my second IBR and completed 9 of the 11 days before having a mechanical failure on I-10 in NM . . . totaled that one and broke some fingers/toes, nothing major.

So . . . then, I finally saw the light and bought my 2013 MOD3 FJR1300 and have 130K miles on it. Mother Nature either hasn't found me on it or, more likely . . . rides a Yamaha! Yamaha is now my brand of choice!

I'll be posting my 2013 up for sale relatively soon after I take off the farkles I want to move over to my new 2018 FJR ES, and give it a good cleaning.

That's my story. Glad to be here.

Shuey
Niceville, FL
Bernie likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:53 PM
FJR Top Gun

hey I think we've shared a room at an ST 1300 rally or two lol.

Hey Shuey. So you decided on the 18 ES eh? Good choice. Are you going to continue the Iron Butts or going to take it a bit easier on this one?

Ferret (Mickey)
Shuey likes this.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, how fast I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I RIDE...EVERY DAY. "Ferret"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:49 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Oh my, Shuey made it over here..... welcome my friend. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Shuey likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Farkle Trainee

dang, someone puts some miles on. Good for you. Glad to hear the critters are taking you down but not getting you out. That's a feet in of it's self.

Welcome aboard and keep on truckin'
Shuey likes this.

1987 Yamaha Venture to 88,256 miles...crashed
2009 FJR 38500 miles and counting
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Hi Men,

I was think'in there might be a friend or two already over here. I hope to pick up the new FJR . . . next week, but am already ordering those absolutely essential accessories!

5 years, well, nearly 6, since i bought my 2013 and farkled it up and I'm amazed that several of the items are no longer available! Powerlet - out of business (but I finally found an outlet at Gerbing which hopefully matches); Doran TPMS - no longer has the sensors as their circuit chip supplier dried up; and fendaextenda.com is out of business (but I found I could still order direct from Pyramid Plastics in GB which hopefully will fit); and finally (and posted on another thread) the last mention I can find online about David Wynne's "Big Foot" for the kick stand is 2016. I can find similar items online for Yamaha cycles, but not for the FJR. Still working on that one.

All ideas, guidance, suggestions are welcome. Hope our paths will cross later this year . . . time will tell.

Ride safe, be happy,
Shuey

PS: The IBR is ramping up for this year's start and I'm sure it'll be exciting. It will be awhile before I'd consider riding it again. I think the current record for oldest finisher is 81 or 82. My goal is to ride the big dance one more time when I can set a new record! Until then, I'd rather visit with friends and continue exploring North America.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:55 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Suggestions.... carbon fiber fender extender from Spain (ebay), the real thing. Steelmate TPMS seems good I just bought one for my other bike. WynPro is no longer making anything. Sidestand foot, either R&G or Twisted Throttle.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:14 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Hey Shuey and hope you are well! Welcome aboard and see you down the road at a Stoc event on the new bike I hope.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page