New 2016 FJR Owner From SC - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

New 2016 FJR Owner From SC

Hello all, I am very excited to be picking up my new to me 2016 FJR on Wednesday! I have read and heard so many great things about this bike and canít wait to learn more about it here and to begin setting it up the way I want.
SnuffySmith and saturnnights like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Welcome from Seattle. I'm a fairly newbie FJR member as well (had my 2016ES for a year). Grrrreeeaaaat bike!
Blueridgerider likes this.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Farkle Trainee

curious what bike you're coming from Blueridgerider? If you're coming from, well about anything, you're not going to be disappointed.

1987 Yamaha Venture to 88,256 miles...crashed
2009 FJR 33750 miles and counting

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridgerider View Post
Hello all, I am very excited to be picking up my new to me 2016 FJR on Wednesday! I have read and heard so many great things about this bike and canít wait to learn more about it here and to begin setting it up the way I want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortenk View Post
Welcome from Seattle. I'm a fairly newbie FJR member as well (had my 2016ES for a year). Grrrreeeaaaat bike!
The '16 model seems to be the one that a lot of us FJR newbies seem to find irresistible. I've had mine two years, and am starting my third riding season w/ it (bought it as a new-leftover in '17). Came from a series of cruisers before it, and am loving the change. Congrats on the new bike, Blueridgerider!

2016 FJR1300A
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:06 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Welcome to the FJROwners forum. Lots of good info and good people here. I am not one of them, I treat anyone who has a Gen. 3.5 {six speed} with contempt and disdain. Be ready.

Where do you live? Rbentnail will be along presently to encourage and inform you about how to put your addy and bike somewhere, so you will be somebody, and we will know something.

I don't know how long you have been studying the FJR but here are a couple of links that will keep you busy if you haven't seen them yet and keep you from asking questions that will irritate the trolls. {there are no trolls} LOL

http://www.fjrforum.com/files/fjrcomparo.pdf

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts

http://www.fjr1300.info/howto/

Enjoy your new FJR.

07 FJR 48,000 miles 03 Yamaha FJR1300
1986 Yamaha FZX700 1977 Kawasaki KX250 1978? Yamaha TY250 1979 Yamaha YZ250 1970 850 Moto Guzzi 1974? Honda XL 100 1978? Yamaha XT500 1975 Yamaha RD350B 1964 Bridgestone 90S
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Welcome to the forum and enjoy that nice bike. You will love it.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Where do you live in SC? I lived in Montana now but used to live in Anderson, SC.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Welcome to the forum and the FJR club. I’ve had a ball with my 06. These folks have been great to share how to info with us less than qualified wrench turner. But so helpful that I was able to replace my steering bearings with the Allballs tapered bearings and stop my wobble. If your in SC upstate there are a few very close to you and several of us up here in the triad.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:26 PM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via Skype™ to Chicago_FJR
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridgerider View Post
Hi and Welcome from Chicago!

Patrick
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 05:36 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philharmonic View Post
Where do you live? Rbentnail will be along presently to encourage and inform you about how to put your addy and bike somewhere, so you will be somebody, and we will know something.
Welcome! Where you at, SC is a big place.

Please consider making or modifying your forum signature to include the bike year and model you own. That way there's never any confusion since different model yrs have different stuff and are disassembled different ways.

To create or edit your sig, hover over the word 'TOOLS' in the black bar near the top of the page. A drop-down menu appears, click on 'USER CP'. Then on the left you will see "EDIT SIGNATURE". Click it, do it and save it.

Adding your location so it shows up under your user name can be helpful, too! This is also done under TOOLS/USER CP. Then click on 'Edit Your Details' on the left.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page