New 2016 FJR Owner From SC - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZappo View Post
Oh no ! Here we go again. Did I log in to the toddlers and tiaras forum again by mistake ?

Its so much nicer when conversation is limited to motorcycles, sports, Scotch, cigars, BBQ, and boobs. Maybe even throw in an oil thread once a year or so.

Font looks fine to me. If it looks bad on a laptop, it might be a screen resolution thing. I've seen that before in my IT support career. Just trying to help.

And, welcome to the forum ! Why so twitchy ? It did just look like a reasonable question.

I've seen folks be a bit nasty (not often) and or sarcastic (more often) on these FJR forums (usually in fun) and this ain't it.

Might want to ratchet down the defense perimeter a bit.

Nice folks here. Mostly. 😁
Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it. There is nothing wrong with the font, nothing, so instead of welcome to the Forum, it's what's with the font man it does not suit me. Too bad. What did he think I was going to do change it for him? Does he think that this is my first post on a forum and I had to be schooled? I see he is a high poster here so maybe he thinks he has the right to mold new members to his liking. Sorry, I do not think anyone would think that is a good response to an introduction.

Anyway as I already stated I want to forget about this and move forward. I am a very enthusiastic motorcyclist and positive person with many years riding and on boards like this so it rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry this has already gone as far as it has. I would hope that any further comments about it that are not positive are over as well. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:54 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Geez, lighten up Francis. If you get a moment to pull your panties out, please review post #10. You know, the one you liked.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by rbentnail; 06-09-2019 at 01:56 PM.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Geez, lighten up Francis. If you get a moment to pull your panties out, please review post #10. You know, the one you liked.
Too Funny, great movie too. Your right! Man I did not see that post and thought your welcome post was complaining about my fonts. That was the kind of info I was looking for to get started here so I apologize for getting so wound up towards you. After the excitement of getting the bike I came here with high expectation for a place to not only learn a lot about the bike but to get involved and maybe make some new friends etc. My reaction came from too many years on forums with trolling people out to just cause issues and posting things of no value to anyone. I still like my fonts and am sticking with them . Chances are I am quite a bit older than you and need glasses to read. Yes one day it will happen to you. The fonts are easier to see and read for those who can use all the help they can get. Anyway, sorry for how this all started and I hope we can start over. Thanks.

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 09:35 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Uhhh Welcome and not the best start to piss on the admins by insulting them to start off life on the board. Just a thought. BTW, hes not that young lol!
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashVol View Post
Uhhh Welcome and not the best start to piss on the admins by insulting them to start off life on the board. Just a thought. BTW, hes not that young lol!
Geez can we move on?

2016 FJR1300A
2017 Kawasaki Z900
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Welcome to the board! That sure is a pretty blue scooter you just bought. It is what I was searching for when I cam across a 2014 Red one at half the price of new so could not pass it up. You do know the red five speeds are the fastest don't you?

Be proud you landed on this board instead of the FJR Forum. There are some pretty sensitive folks on that one and the admin is just waiting to tell you what you should have read and memorized before you ever make a post.

Have you had your FJR out at night? Are the LED's worth it?
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:42 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopheadama View Post
Have you had your FJR out at night? Are the LED's worth it?
You better believe it! Amazing lights IMO.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:58 PM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopheadama View Post
Be proud you landed on this board instead of the FJR Forum. There are some pretty sensitive folks on that one and the admin is just waiting to tell you what you should have read and memorized before you ever make a post.
Always wondered if Brian Obsession was somehow involved? Two of a kind.

I left when I got tired of the site owner silently deleting my carefully composed postings because in effect he didn’t think it belonged in this chapter of the encyclopedia he envisioned his forum to be. Said he was to busy to notify everyone of posts he modified or deleted.

So, all my photos were hosted off site where I changed the file names to break the links. And changed my signature to something like “gone”.

2018 F-150 XLT SuperCab 4x4 2.7L
2016 FJR1300A
2016 Beta 430 RS
2016 Subaru Outback
2013 Tesla Model S 85
2009 Husaberg FE450
1983 Porsche 928S

Last edited by N4HHE; 06-12-2019 at 10:11 PM. Reason: speleegn
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 04:31 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Welcome to the new FJR owner. What's up with the font? Seriously, have fun on this and any other forum you belong to...but making it crazy on other people's eyes is just obnoxious. Enjoy your shiny blue one.
rbentnail, SmashVol and N4HHE like this.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:22 PM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheaton View Post
Welcome to the new FJR owner. What's up with the font? Seriously, have fun on this and any other forum you belong to...but making it crazy on other people's eyes is just obnoxious. Enjoy your shiny blue one.
Back in the heyday of email I would return RTF/HTML-only emails to sender using plain text quoting their RTF/HTML telling them to try again in plain text. That if they can't read the RTF/HTML then neither can I. Mutt is a great email client!

I chose the font and size I wish to read email. If someone thinks their words need pretty formatting then they can print to PDF and attach that.

And then there was top-posting... How hard is it to understand that humans communicate in linear time? That what is said first is written first? And if what was said before is not necessary for what one is saying now then don't send it to me again. One of the best things about online forums is that it mostly nixes this bad behavior.

2018 F-150 XLT SuperCab 4x4 2.7L
2016 FJR1300A
2016 Beta 430 RS
2016 Subaru Outback
2013 Tesla Model S 85
2009 Husaberg FE450
1983 Porsche 928S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page