Accidental Owner - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:06 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Blue Gen2, you may be familiar with the Moonshine Lunch Run..... which has faded out in recent years due to Terry passing away, but, some of the ST alumni are gathering there on the 13th...... you're not far. It's been a while since I rode through Terra Haute.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer, 2008 WR450F, 2006 FJR Project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
Welcome!! Here is a guide to Gen2 plastic removal.
http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index...wling-removal/

Hey. Thanks for the link

Canader, ay? Imagine that!

I lived there for seven years. In "terrana" (hog town) for 3 of them. I really miss the traffic on the QEW in the mornings (yeah, right). I can't even imagine what it's like, now! I lived there in the 70s.

I go back to Trenton (college town) every few years. I'm overdue but that's too far for this old guy to ride a bike. It was a very significant part of my life...
Sete Bond likes this.

2012 Gen 2

"The closer you get,
to the meaning,
The sooner you know,
That you're DREAMING"

(HEAVEN AND HE77 - Black Sabbath)
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:15 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gen2 View Post
Yeah. I'm in for the meets

Friends of ours ... have a classic car and go all over with it. They say they meet the best people at those car shows... And so I am eager to do the same!

You may find, like I did, that the people at bike gatherings are a lot like the folk that do vacations at the lake. Outgoing, friendly, and willing to lend a hand wherever needed. FJR riders tend not to have "shows" like you reference because they tend not to be the "show and shine" types. There are a lot of small ride-to-eats and ride-to-rides as well as some regional, larger gatherings around the US each year.

If you're seeking couth or have delicate sensibilities, then you may be in for a saving throw vs system shock at a -20%. But it's nearly always done in jest.

Quote:
I was going to post a request on how to remove the nose cone, there is a rubber Inside of mine just flopping around, now I can pull it apart and find out what's going on. I spotted it when I put the new head light in last week.
Sounds like it might be the "weather gasket" for the windshield control arms. Like with the grommets used for some fairing tabs, an annual spritz with silicone spray lube will do it a treat.
Sete Bond likes this.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bounce; 04-07-2019 at 11:18 AM.

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmudder View Post
Blue Gen 2 welcome,
You are not unlike most of the inhabitants of this sandbox. Its amazing how fate helps us arrive at our destiny weather it be by accident or intentional.

More Canadjens! You live right down the street from your buddy.

Thanks for the welcome and, if you are ever so foolish as to enter the United Police States, don't forget to give us a shout, AY?

2012 Gen 2

"The closer you get,
to the meaning,
The sooner you know,
That you're DREAMING"

post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Collings View Post
Welcome to the forums....stop in sometime for a libation..

Thanks It may be a while before I can get to Winniepeg! Remind me sometime and I'll tell you a hilarious story about what happened to me in Winnipeg!

2012 Gen 2

"The closer you get,
to the meaning,
The sooner you know,
That you're DREAMING"

post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:27 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Hey. Thanks for the link

Canader, ay? Imagine that!

I lived there for seven years. In "terrana" (hog town) for 3 of them. I really miss the traffic on the QEW in the mornings (yeah, right). I can't even imagine what it's like, now! I lived there in the 70s.

I go back to Trenton (college town) every few years. I'm overdue but that's too far for this old guy to ride a bike. It was a very significant part of my life...
We lovingly refer to the traffic these days as "Trontarded".
Sete Bond likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer, 2008 WR450F, 2006 FJR Project
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
Blue Gen2, you may be familiar with the Moonshine Lunch Run..... which has faded out in recent years due to Terry passing away, but, some of the ST alumni are gathering there on the 13th...... you're not far. It's been a while since I rode through Terra Haute.

Weather for the 13th is sunny but only 57 (Fahrenheit) for the high.

After Googling this I do remember it. I was at one of them... I certainly can be in Casey on the 13th! But they said 18 was the last year? You could, of course, show up anyway... and tell them it aint over?

I envy you - of you're young enough and tough enough to ride from Toronto to here!

I have an empty apartment somebody could crash in...

2012 Gen 2

"The closer you get,
to the meaning,
The sooner you know,
That you're DREAMING"

post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Farkle Trainee

BG2.. one of the Moonshine regulars whose daughter's birthday is that weekend is continuing the tradition and hosting the event. Pat, he goes by sirepair on the ST forum, and his daughter Breann is called Munchkin Pillion have been making the trip every year since she was about 8. I think she's 18 now.

here's a link to the thread announcement on the ST forum

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/thr...y-bash.166916/

2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I ride...every day. "Ferret"
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:30 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Thanks It may be a while before I can get to Winniepeg! Remind me sometime and I'll tell you a hilarious story about what happened to me in Winnipeg!
Oh, come on!... dont keep me in suspense!

2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES
1953 Vincent C Rapide

Certified JB Welder
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:42 PM
red
Farkle Trainee

Accidental Owner

Quote:
I did all that but it seems it will not show up before 8 posts? Thanks for the welcome
Blue Gen2,

So, tell us how many posts you have, now . . . BTW, if you need an avatar-sized picture for this forum, just send me a picture that represents you (or your spirit) well by PM, and I can probably make it an avatar for you.

If the PM does not work with pix for any reason, just PM your email address to me, and things can go from there. I do not recommend sending your email address in a public post.

Cheers,
Red
2008 FJR1300A
- Pirelli Angel GT (Spec A) tires, RDL seat, TPMS, GPS digital speedometer (US$25.00).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page