Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums (https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/)
-   Meetings & Events - Europe (https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/30-meetings-events-europe/)
-   -   Any interest in Slovenia Tour perhaps ? (https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/30-meetings-events-europe/8654-any-interest-slovenia-tour-perhaps.html)

gody01 06-23-2006 06:52 AM

Any interest in Slovenia Tour perhaps ?
 
Hi,

I'm new memeber of this forum and also new owner of FJR from Slovenia.

If anyone is interested in visiting our country either organised as Tour riding or private visit, please drop a line into this thread.

For those who don't know where Slovenia is:
Our position is:
South of Austira
East from Italy
West from Hungary
North from Croatia.

It is ideal center for bike tours to Italian or Austrian Dolomites as well as visiting Croatian Adriatic coast.

Not to mention some beautiful roads/tours in Slovenia itself.

Some tourist info can be found here.
http://www.slovenia.info/?home=0

Best regards
gody

Murf 09-18-2006 06:03 AM

Hi gody01
Only just seen your posting welcome to the site.I rode through Slovenia the first time in 1988 on my way to Greece went over the Wurzen pass & Via ljubljana. Then 2003 went to the Postojna caves & Lake Bled.Also rode over the Vrsic pass & up Mangart.Beautiful contry Lake Bled is now one of my wifes favourites.

gody01 10-09-2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murf
Hi gody01
Only just seen your posting welcome to the site.I rode through Slovenia the first time in 1988 on my way to Greece went over the Wurzen pass & Via ljubljana. Then 2003 went to the Postojna caves & Lake Bled.Also rode over the Vrsic pass & up Mangart.Beautiful contry Lake Bled is now one of my wifes favourites.

Nice to hear.
There is plenty nice roads to ride in Slovenia. It's speccial that You can ride all over a country in a day and also reutr
To expand a range, we do lots of riding in Austira and Northern Italy (Dolomites) which are in the days range to travel to.
If You'll visit Slovenia some time in the future let me know.

Murf 10-12-2006 06:45 AM

We are coming to Slovenia after the Austria 2007 trip we will be staying in the Dolomites somewhere near Val de Gardena then down to Piran for a night.From there visit Postojna caves & onto Lake Bled for a night.Is Piran as nice as it looks. Maybe we can meet for a coffee.

gody01 12-17-2006 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murf
We are coming to Slovenia after the Austria 2007 trip we will be staying in the Dolomites somewhere near Val de Gardena then down to Piran for a night.From there visit Postojna caves & onto Lake Bled for a night.Is Piran as nice as it looks. Maybe we can meet for a coffee.

Yes it is :)
Sure we can ...

Jwm 12-17-2006 06:35 PM

Hey gody, my partner is slovenian.

gody01 12-31-2006 03:20 PM

Movie of some nice moto roads in Slovenia.
Filmed on one of our one day ride by my brother.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...991&q=slovenia

There is lot's more nice roads, even toe one can go from one to other side or around the counry in just one day :)

Murf 01-14-2007 03:48 AM

Gody01
We should be in Piran on the 11th of June if you would like to meet.Not sure which Hotel we will just turn up & find one hopefully with a sea view.
Hope to see you for a drink.

gody01 05-31-2007 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murf
Gody01
We should be in Piran on the 11th of June if you would like to meet.Not sure which Hotel we will just turn up & find one hopefully with a sea view.
Hope to see you for a drink.

Hi, haven't read this foruim for a while.
I have GSM number in profile under location, so You can contact me with ring or SMS when You find a place in Piran. I'm about 4 hours from Piran with bike (not highway) or 2,5 hours on highway ...

Liz 05-31-2007 07:09 AM

Re: Any interest in Slovenia Tour perhaps ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gody01
Hi,


For those who don't know where Slovenia is:
Our position is:
South of Austira
East from Italy
West from Hungary
North from Croatia.

Ha Ha I like the positioning. We're usually in England. That's East of Ireland, South of Scotland, North of just about everything that counts in Europe and according to the press, about 5 miles off the coast of USA. 8)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome