Burgundyfest: The plan. - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Liz
Farkle Trainee

Burgundyfest: The plan.

OK. So the Christmas tree must be in the loft by now. The days are getting longer and the weather is improving, (coff) so it’s time to put the plan in place for 9 - 12 July in Mezilles, 89130. Based on what you have told me, the bedrooms are taken (Pete, Baggy, Woody). There will be about 6 campers which leaves accommodation to be found for the rest of you. Here are some options.

1. http://moulingrenon.com A 20 min walk (flat and straight) Very nice. Has 4 rooms. Dutch owners who love to speak English, but you can hier ook nederlands spraken if you prefer. Single tooms €40 pn and doubles €50 pn Mention my name or FJRowners here

2. Au coup d'Frein http://hotel-restaurant-yonne.com/hotel About 5K. French owned. Englees she is spoken according to the website. Rooms from €38 pn

3. Les Fourneaux http://www.lesfourneaux.eu/ About 8k away. Rooms €40 - 50 . Welsh owned.

If anyone fancies something a bit different there is also a small (1 chambre) gite d'etape in the village. €130 for a weekend and €245 a week. If you're interested, PM me.
Food
I suggest that on the Friday night we book in the local restaurant: La Mare aux Fees. They have a three course 25 Euro menu. I would need to warn them though, so please let me know if you want this so that I can confirm numbers.

On Saturday it will be a barbie in the bar du jardin and Sunday probably rideout with lunch followed by more dwinkies in the B du J.

Transport
I can offer the use of our car over the weekend if anyone has to go to one of the further away B and Bs. There is also a taxi in the village. Again, will need booking.

If anyone wants to contact me, you can find my number on FB. If all this gets filled up, I can find more places.

Liz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator
Farkle Trainee

All looking good Liz.

The local restaurant sounds good for the Friday night..

And for the Saturday BBQ should we rob all the Heinz ketchup sachets from the ferry or are we going native and useing the local moutard on the sausage butties ??

looking forward to this so much now..

Stu..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to FB4Short
Liz

Many thanks booked in at Moulin Grenon for Friday and Saturday. Restaurant and BBQ sounds good to me, can't wait.

Brian

post #4 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to MadManx
I am booked in to the Moulin Grenon
I have got 1 of the twin rooms but have said I am willing to share

The plan for Friday, Saturday nights looks good to me Count me in

Jim
post #5 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to gb1300
Thanks Liz. Karen and I are booked into the Moulin Grenon for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. I think we got the last double room. Bring it on
post #6 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Liz
Farkle Trainee

Can I suggest that people still try the Moulin Grenon? I do know that she may have a little extra space, so it's worth giving them a ring or sending an email.

In the village there is also La metairie (G1623) http://www.gites-de-france.com/gites...ENCE=&CAPMIN=8
This is a gite de sejour. It takes groups. They do have availability for individuals and couples at the weekend too so may be able to some up with aomething. It's about the same distance as Moulin Grenon.
post #7 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Farkle Trainee

Hi liz
Looking out the window really doesn’t inspire the thought of camping
Do you have a small patch in the garden if I promise to bring the small tent or is there space on the gipo site
Restaurant friday sounds good
mind you being that close to the B du G is tempting

Looking forward to it and I do not have to get ripped crossing the channel
post #8 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Farkle Trainee

The Moulin Grenon will probably be empty given the detailed map on the web site, it may take a while to find it . Been looking on Google earth and still no idea of its location HELP.

I didn't mention either your name or the group, is that why she quoted my 70 Euro a night, will rectify this when sending the deposit!!!!
post #9 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Farkle Trainee

post #10 of 140 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Farkle Trainee

Just going on tut internet to look at the tunnel crossing costs for July and lots has been going on

Thanks for booking us into chez Newbie, can you book the good weather for July as well please, ta much

Really looking forward to Burgundy fest, restaurant for the Friday sounds great.

Party

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page