Planning a Trip to France -Why not a Frog Fest ? - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Planning a Trip to France -Why not a Frog Fest ?

As many of you will know, The Lovely Wendy and I moved lock stock and motorbikes out to the beautiful CORRÈZE region of Limousin, to start a Bikers only B&B - Well we are pretty much ready to open for business...

We wanted to extend an Invite to all FJR riders (and pillions) to drop by and if you are riding an FJR and mention the forum we will extend a 10% discount (accommodation only) .
So if you are planning a trip to France and/or Spain why not stop over at www.Ridersrest.net you will find us very welcoming.

Accommodation Comprises:
* 1 double en-suite
* 1 double room with shared bathroom and toilet
* 1 twin room with shared bathroom and toilet
* 1 Club Room with on suite shower, bath and toilet facilities, sleeps up to 10 solo riders

I must admit we have not seen many of the usuall FJR-Fests taking place like in the early days of the forum and I would be happy to organise something here at Riders Rest if there is any interest.

The sort of thing we could do is a LongWeekend: We would suggest something along the lines of:

Day 1. arrive RidersRest - Drinks & Curry
Day 2. ride out to Rocamadour and Back to RidersRest food and some cold ones.
Day 3. ride out to Oradour-sur-Glane Take in a bit of History - and Back to RidersRest food and some cold ones.
Day 4.
depart for ferry/chunnel

If any one wants to stay longer that is doable too.

Alternatively if anyone wants to organise a seperate group trip over at anytime we would be happy help with any of the admin over this side of the water and look after you whilst you are here, dosn't have to be all FJR's either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Farkle Trainee

Semble bon à moi mon ami
l'est possible de mettre la tente dans le grand jardin
si vous obtenez entièrement réservé pour le festival de grenouille

Your place is looking good nomad & Wendy , we must catch up with you both soon

allthe best shan & Donna
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Liz
Farkle Trainee

Bonsoir a toutes et a tous ...

Ici à mézilles se trouve aussi un grand jardin si tu es bien complet chez vous.

OK. So it's not professional chambres d'hotes or anything quite so polished, but there's free space (even a bed if you're quick) for any friends passing on their way 'darn sarf' if you couldn't do it in one hop.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Farkle Trainee

Looks lovely, thats the area of France Dawn and I want to move to, we stayed in Egletons last year and the Correze area was gobsmackingly beautiful.

So I'm extremely jealous you're living the dream already.

old age and treachery will always beat youth and skill
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Cheers Shan have thought of a marquee and a few tents but don't want to be overwhelmed just yet, It would be good to see the pair of you be a nice daytrip and/or on your way east for those Rhone Alps

Liz carefull or you will soon be re-rennovating into a B&B not a bad idea... Are you now resident in your French house? If you find your self daytripping this way we always have the kettle on and a friendly smile

Coppertop, m8 if you come this way house hunting you will have to stay here, we also do pickups from Limoges Airport - if you want any info on houses in the area give us a shout We are off to Eggletons now to do some shopping it is down one of my favorite biking roads along the D16 which is right outside our door...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 05:51 AM
Liz
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
Liz carefull or you will soon be re-rennovating into a B&B not a bad idea... .
No way. Sounds too much like hard work which is what we came here NOT to do. So it's friends and family only and they have to take us as they find us (bed/settee/floor/garden).
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Looks like a good place to stay. I'm still planning my route down to the Pyrenees in June and this may be a good place to stay on the first night out of the UK.

A good website but I found one thing confusing. On the home page your location is stated as 3.3 miles NE of Treignac but your directions and map seem to point to 3 miles NW Could be frustrating at the end of a long day.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by orestes
Looks like a good place to stay. I'm still planning my route down to the Pyrenees in June and this may be a good place to stay on the first night out of the UK.

A good website but I found one thing confusing. On the home page your location is stated as 3.3 miles NE of Treignac but your directions and map seem to point to 3 miles NW Could be frustrating at the end of a long day.
well spotted - they say you should never check your own work and you have proved them right. We are North and slightly West of Treignac we are 3.3 miles from Treignac by one road and 3.5 miles by another so we chose the shortest

You'll see when you come in June - if you overshoot us and end up in Treignac I will come in and lead you back.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

well a cracking start to the new business we had 16 bikes and riders over for the May Bank Holiday what a great time - Wendy and I are going to hate it here

www.whereistonynow.co.uk/sem08.htm see for yourself
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Well we have to admit that we are still enjoying it here in France making a modest living with the B&B and riding some great roads... I have pieced together some terrific routes around the area of the Central Massif which might entice some of you down www.motomassif.info

==============================================

Now we are stepping up a gear sponsoring a bunch of squaddies from the 1st Medical Regiment who are riding to Timbuktu on Army Harley Davidson trail bikes. Their Website

who were doing a charity ride to raise money for Help-4-Heros and were looking for accommodation for the route down... We have sorted them out and will accomodate them put on a curry and some beers, no charge... Well it is for a good cause...

The group was origonally 22 but has shrunk to just 17 thankfully Consisting of 8 riders + 9 in 4 support vehicles. You can read more about them here on Pages 38/39 They arrive at Ridersrest on Tomorrow (Monday) ...

===============================================

Ride safe and enjoy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page