Spammers - Page 5 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Trust me, it's been old for us on the other side trying to keep up with it too. I know it doesn't seem like it but there was a huge reduction in the number of spammers today. Admin is working really hard to plug the holes.
Oh yeah, sorry that was not meant to be a hit at you guys or any of the moderators/admins. I was an admin on a mustang facebook page and that was pain in the butt enough for me so I can only imagine how annoying it is to deal with here.

I was just talking about my disgust with the fact that people actually have the time in their day to create the spam in the first place.

My bike styles may change, but I always ride daily! Riding is Life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel DiMaggio View Post
Oh yeah, sorry that was not meant to be a hit at you guys or any of the moderators/admins. I was an admin on a mustang facebook page and that was pain in the butt enough for me so I can only imagine how annoying it is to deal with here.

I was just talking about my disgust with the fact that people actually have the time in their day to create the spam in the first place.
No offense taken .
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I went and did a quick check:

120 pages (minimum,that's only how far back I went) of spam posts. At 20 posts per page. That's at least 2400 since 30 May.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 10:32 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Great morning of no new spam!

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #44 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
Great morning of no new spam!
I think maybe our Aussie friend took care of it in the wee hours of our morning.
david1300 likes this.

Russ
2007A

post #45 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
It's still happening daily, just getting cleaned up early for sure. I see it taking over after midnight every day.

My Adventures Vlog & How-To Videos

post #46 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Yep, it seems to hit between midday and 4pm our time, which is between 10pm and 2am Eastern time USA and 3am and 7am UK time, so I'm quite enjoying whacking them with my Banning-Hammer. Apologies to 2 members that got inadvertently whacked when some came through at nighttime our time and I did them late at night while lying in bed via my iPad. Some collateral damage was done, but the recipients have been restored to their rightful status
Queensland Ken and Qwik like this.

IBA 21684

I (may) did crash but I (will) did not die by accident
Brakes
Who needs brakes - they only slow you down
but when you do need them, use them with all your might
post #47 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 02:29 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
David: Thank you so much for your diligent use of the hammer!

Bob Stewart
post #48 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 02:31 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Too bad it's not working. I can't believe after the first day, the right tool aren't in place to prevent this, it's not hard. Right now I'm looking at 8 pages of spam, same as every other day. I'll come back in a month, maybe it'll be setup right by then.

My Adventures Vlog & How-To Videos

post #49 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 12:15 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I am trying to help with the spam, but so far, I have been unsuccessful.

Hey David? How did you turn your user name back to red?

JohnC, the Two Day Old Moderator.

Time spent looking at motorcycles, even Harleys, is never wasted.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:
post #50 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelaria View Post
Too bad it's not working. I can't believe after the first day, the right tool aren't in place to prevent this, it's not hard. Right now I'm looking at 8 pages of spam, same as every other day. I'll come back in a month, maybe it'll be setup right by then.
I'm also a moderator on other forums, non motorcycle related. It gets over 1,000,000 hits a month, traffic wise. We never have these issues. To me, it's apparently way too easy for someone to register at this point. Either the Captcha isn't working on bots, or it's people physically signing up as new users. If it were me (and it's not), I'd institute a different policy and someone would have to be approved to post, and that would be contingent on them answering some questions about FJR's.

The forum owner of the forum I'm a moderator on manually approves all requests. He checks their IP address as the first step. If it's in India, it's most likely going to get blocked.

It can't continue, it'll ruin this forum (in my opinion).

Hang in there guys, we know you are trying hard. I suspect once it's a little harder for them to join and post, they'll stop.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page