New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 7 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 10:35 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
From what I can tell motorcyle.com runs this forum as well as maybe dozens of others for all the different bike models using what may be the best in my limited knowledge, vbulletin forum software. I'm guessing Jeff drew the short straw to redesign and bring the fjr site to the same colors, red accents, skins, formats, ad layouts as the other forums to keep them consistent. Can't say that I blame them for wanting to maximize ad revenue, we all like money, but I hope Jeff keeps ups with the requests and feedback of the users.

2014ES Dulces Diablo Rojo #212
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

New v old

Hi all, I dont do facebook etc, gone back to the "classic" web page. Good effort guys, just not for me.

2005 FJR Galaxy Blue
2014 Triumph Rocket Roadster
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 12:42 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I don't use the Private Message function of this site very often, but when I do, it seems to do nothing right. After I send a message, I can't see it. Sent Items are old messages from years ago.

I might use it more often if it worked right.

Thanks.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 12:51 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsilver View Post
I don't use the Private Message function of this site very often, but when I do, it seems to do nothing right. After I send a message, I can't see it. Sent Items are old messages from years ago.

I might use it more often if it worked right.

Thanks.
Silver... click into the "Private Messages" link under the Menu Bar, under the banner... Once in that page, there's a section at the top "Private Messages in Folder..." In that box is a drop-down box, with "Inbox (xxx messages)". Click that drop-down and click again on "Sent messages".

It makes sense once you've done it once, but it does seem somewhat hidden.
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 01:08 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbixby View Post
Silver... click into the "Private Messages" link under the Menu Bar, under the banner... Once in that page, there's a section at the top "Private Messages in Folder..." In that box is a drop-down box, with "Inbox (xxx messages)". Click that drop-down and click again on "Sent messages".

It makes sense once you've done it once, but it does seem somewhat hidden.
I think I did that. I select sent items and it only shows stuff that's like 3 years old. Doesn't show stuff I sent yesterday, or last month, or anything new.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 02:14 PM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:

I don't use the Private Message function of this site very often, but when I do...
He's the most interesting FJR rider in the world...
administrator likes this.
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 02:41 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
I think I did that. I select sent items and it only shows stuff that's like 3 years old. Doesn't show stuff I sent yesterday, or last month, or anything new.
Eh, sorry for stating 'obvious'. Does sound like something's awry. I see all my sent messages just fine after I re-re-remember where they're at, so I guessed you might not know where to look.
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Hows about in each thread you list the amount of pages - ie ---- (First [1, 2, 3, 15, 25, 26, 27] Last) <---- those words and numbers are clickable to take you to that page quicker...
There are many forums with the newer software that have that built it.... Now if I could tell you what the name of that setting was - I'm sure it would be easier to implement....

Also.... I think this was already mentioned but....

Can you adjust or set the thread view as an automatic feature - example...... I read this thread already, now there is new content.... click on the thread, and it takes you to the last post you read, whether it be on the first page of the thread, or page 15, not the last page, but the last post I read.....

thank you.....

Warp

2015 FJR --- The Burninator !!!
2005 FJR --- Trogdor - sold
1986 RWB NightHawk
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Your account wasn't set to save messages or when the site updated, I think your account changed to not save messages. I just changed that for you so you can now see your sent messages.

In the future, if this happens on any vBulletin forum, go here: https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/prof...do=editoptions

The option is under: Messaging & Notification

Thanks.

lee
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 03:05 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page