New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 03:35 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

This software has the same problem as the old, when you first open the forum on the home page, you cannot go to the last page of a thread with one click, you have to open the thread on page one, and then select the last page. Other websites that I visit do not have this problem, can you fix that please.

FJR Models owned from new, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 06:45 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Not a fan - way to cluttered and that sidebar....
Sorry that my first post is this....
A.
post #23 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 07:35 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

New look

Hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #24 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 08:56 AM
FJR Top Gun

Okay, now I get why everyone is hating this change. I usually have "Tracking Protection" turned on within Internet Explorer, so I don't have to see any ads on most webpages.

But with Tracking Protection off, I have to say I would not be liking the new format all that much.

Still ads can be a bit much by themselves, but videos?

The last thing I want to see every time I come to the site is Marky Mark, AKA Mark Wahlberg, in an ad about motorcycles... To me personally, watching him in a bike ad is basically as appealing as watching Roseanne Barr in a Victoria Secrets pantie and bra commercial.

Apologies to those of you that were attempting to eat breakfast whilst reading that last commentary...
MadCow and VS Jeff like this.
post #25 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_2 View Post
It appears the search function doesn't work any better than before...
Have you tried the search function under the "Tools" drop-down on the toolbar?

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/search.php

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
Motorcycle.com

If you need admin assistance please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
OK, I hated it until turning off the sidebar. I REALLY suggest the admin make that the default setting, you are going to turn off a LOT of new people. It' simply far less functional with it on, in threads. @Bernie all you have to do is click the big grey arrow in the Last Post column, works fine.

My Adventures Vlog & How-To Videos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #27 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
@kaelaria how do you turn off the sidebar....?

2015 FJR --- The Burninator !!!
2005 FJR --- Trogdor - sold
1986 RWB NightHawk
post #28 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergmen View Post
I've clicked "disable" and saved the changes and still get the sidebar. The sidebar is nothing but annoying to me. Any ideas?

Dan
Can you try clearing your cache and doing a Log out/in and let me know if that helps.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
Motorcycle.com

post #29 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishkatan View Post
I hated the first screen I got - looked like advertising and I had to muck around to get to the forums.
I will reserve further judgement until I used it a while, but .... Did you try running the new layout past a user test panel before doing all the programming? The old site worked. OK... A pilot would be a good idea.

Well, I'll use it a little and see if it is an improvement or confusing.....

Update:
This forum used to be my Home page. Notice the "Used to be". The automatic running of video ads and running the Flash plugin puts a heavy load on my old PC. Performance has deteriorated.

Automatic login (UID and password) remembered by browser seems to be broken. I have to start tying my user ID for the info to pop up. Maybe if I check the "remember me" button it will help but another PIA when other sites simply let the browser do it all automatically whether "remember me" is checked or not.

I like the side bar but I hate all the ads being "In Your Face" and taking up lots of screen space. The start up page feels like a huge ad even though it is really just the side bar in your face. The ads should really be where the side bar is and smaller. Right now I feel like the ads are shouting at me on startup and they are taking time to get around. Movement in Ads is distracting and adds CPU load. This is NOT a favorable reaction to the advertisers or the site.

Uploading an avatar should let you take a full size picture and resize it automatically to acceptable size for the web site, not make us try to find tools to resize our pictures to fit your requirement.

The Red color between messages is too loud - makes me angry, as in seeing Red! I want to get my business done with on the site instead of relaxing and browsing for interesting tidbits. I will be coming back less often - just to look up specific recommendations. I am less likely to contribute to posts as well.

User interface and usability are key to keeping people coming back. I try to embrace change but right now my emotional reaction is poor. My reaction is negative. Content is still good but usability and my desire to return is reduced.

Seriously, Red as a primary site color? How many people do you know that have red furniture? Add some Gold and plastic covers for that welcoming feeling?
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback and hopefully I can answer any questions you have.

- Clearing your cache and doing a Log out/in might help with some speed issues and the password autosave
- The auto play adds will not play if you are logged in
- The sdiebar can be turned on/off via the user CP - details in first post
- The colors can be tweaked if others feel the same about the red

Let me know if there are any other specific questions I can answer for you.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
Motorcycle.com

post #30 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjRaven View Post
Well, I kind of like it. Like the '14 Candy Red look of the logo. Pages definitely load super fast now and the drop and drag attach a photo feature is great!.

But, I think I you went lazy on the header image, the first thing everyone sees when they visit the site. Two 14's, a Gen 1 and a peak at what appears to be the Canadia version, I was hoping you could have captured all three Gen's and maybe an international model in a little more dramatic way rather just photoshopping two 14's and no 15's out in the middle of a desert. Which leads me to think that your header reminds me a whole bunch of the one on my site for quite some time now, makes you go hmmm....
Are you seeing this header image that I have attached?

Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: png 2015-06-16_1050.png (379.1 KB, 10 views)

Jeff
Community Manager
Motorcycle.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page