060 fault code. - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By RaYzerman
  • 4 Post By Fueradeborda

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

060 fault code.

Hi, my name is Claudio an Iím a new member and new owner, Iím in Venezuela and just bought an almost brand new 2015 FJR1300, got it really cheap cause the owner left the country, I got it knowing it had an strange issue, bike had been sitting with no use for almost a year, put a new battery and it runs fine, just every time specially first time in the morning turn the ignition and appears on the left lcd screen the number 060 and the bike wonít start no matter what I do, itís frustrating as The engine cranks perfect but it just donít start then as I turn on and off the ignition many times it just dissapear the code and the bike fires up and it wonít bother me no more usually for the rest of the day , just to show up any time when you don expect it but you never know and sometimes can take an hour doing any tricks to try to start it, but as I said it just dissapear the code and I can go but Iím afraid to take long trips as I donít want to get stuck far from home, and no Yamaha dealers cause my country political and economical situation, thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 08:11 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Code 60 is a YCC-T drive system malfunction - throttle by wire problem. There may be other codes stored..... do you have a service manual? There are a number of things to check, might be as simple as a loose/corroded/poor connection, might be as bad as a bad ECU..... work through the simple stuff first.
Go into DiAGnostics mode and check for other codes... cycle to D-61 and it will display and cycle through all the stored codes.
Ignition off, Kill switch off, hold both Select and Reset buttons, turn ignition on, hold the buttons for at least 8 seconds and DiAG should display, Select ECU and use Select or Reset to cycle to D-61. D-62 will report the total number of codes and they can be erased by then cycling the kill switch.
Let us know what you find....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YCC-T Code 60.JPG (184.5 KB, 8 views)
2GENAE likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Thanks again for you quick answer and yes as you said it was throttle related, throttle bodies to be specific, we took out seats gas tank air box etc reached the bodies inyectors etc, send the inyectors for ultrasound just in case thought they were not the issue, the bodies we cleaned with a couple cans of choke carb cleaners cause the amount of carbon gum and varnish was huge and you barely could move it with your fingers, put everything back together and it runs like new now, this bike thought itís 2015 has only 4000 miles on and was sitting for almost 3 years wich was for sure the cause of all this problems. Thanks again

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-14-2020, 05:04 PM
Training wheels fitted!

This just happened to me. Luckily it was just the 7.5 amp fuse to the ETV (electronic throttle valve).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page