Problem with redirects - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Problem with redirects

Have no idea if it's related to the recent security updates but I've never had these problems before today.

When I click on "YOUR NOTIFICATIONS" the drop-down menu appears. Check!

When I click on "UNREAD PRIVATE MESSAGES I get sent to my user CP.

When I click on "NEW POST QUOTES" I get sent to my user CP.

When I click on "NEW LIKES RECEIVED" I get sent to my user CP.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10, laptop, Firefox browser.

I tried logging out and back in, same things happen.

ETA: none of the threads I've not read are in bold titles.
philharmonic likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 07:09 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I have this problem as well.

FJR Models owned from new, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2014.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Happening again to me today.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Farkle Trainee

Hey there,

After the site was moved to the HTTPS, this was one of the issues that we encountered.
We're aware of this issue and the tech team is looking into it (#3131605).
We'll keep you posted here once it is resolved.

So sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

If you need Admin Assitance please post here:

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 03:25 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Wow. I just logged into fjrowners.com with a browser that was not logged into the site... OH MY GOSH the number of ads make it impossible to navigate around the site.

I've encountered this with other websites when I'm looking for truck, tractor or farm info as well. Those are the sites I just don't go to, because you can't even view a page without constant takeovers and stuff.

Not a good thing for the success of the site, IMHO.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Ad blockers work great. I use one called AdGuard with FireFox browser. Works great, I don't see a single ad. Works on Mac, Apple and Andoids too! I don't pay for a lot of stuff on my phone simply b/c of it.

Russ
2007A

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Another redirect problem:

I clicked on a thread that has new posts and instead of the thread I got

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

Russ
2007A

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 11:21 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

uBlock Origin is an HTML firewall. It's sort of like an ad-blocker but also has great ways to allow/disallow more granular control over what a web site is trying to shove down your throat.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Administrator
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsilver View Post
Wow. I just logged into fjrowners.com with a browser that was not logged into the site... OH MY GOSH the number of ads make it impossible to navigate around the site.

I've encountered this with other websites when I'm looking for truck, tractor or farm info as well. Those are the sites I just don't go to, because you can't even view a page without constant takeovers and stuff.

Not a good thing for the success of the site, IMHO.
There are more ads showing on the site when you're not logged in as a way to "entice" people to log in (since there are notably less ads once logged in). This encourages people to register an account on the site and not just visit as a guest.

@rbentnail - is that issue you mentioned happening on all threads with new posts or a specific thread? If so, can you send us a link to the thread in question? Thanks!

Erik

If you need Admin Assitance please post here:

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
@rbentnail - is that issue you mentioned happening on all threads with new posts or a specific thread? If so, can you send us a link to the thread in question? Thanks!

Erik
It happened at NEW POSTS/whatever thread. Hasn't happened since. Was only that one thread. But that was 3 whole days ago so I have no idea which thread it was.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Biggest reason I'm bringing this stuff up is memory. I remember a few yrs back there were security updates and lots of goofy things- redirects, logging in, click a thread & get sent to one from 7 yrs ago- began happening. I'm no computer geek but it seems to have happened again. Heck, I recall one time a forum went back to the previous version for a little while so the bugs could be worked out.

Russ
2007A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page