Interesting Photo Viewing Problem - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Interesting Photo Viewing Problem

I have run into a problem in viewing photos on this forum. When an individual posts multiple pictures, I click a picture and it pops up perfectly viewable. I then hit the back arrow to go back to the thread to select and view a subsequent picture and can't. When the back arrow takes me to the thread, the post containing the pictures has a large black "shadow" covering it. The black shadow does not completely obscure the other thumbnails; but, it makes it so that I can't click on another thumbnail without either a) refreshing the page (very annoying); or, b) backing out of the thread and re-selcting the thread (possibly even more annoying). Is there a way to eliminate this annoyance? I can't be the only one experiencing this. Thanks in advance.
YodiYami likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 01:58 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I have run into a problem in viewing photos on this forum. When an individual posts multiple pictures, I click a picture and it pops up perfectly viewable. I then hit the back arrow to go back to the thread to select and view a subsequent picture and can't. When the back arrow takes me to the thread, the post containing the pictures has a large black "shadow" covering it. The black shadow does not completely obscure the other thumbnails; but, it makes it so that I can't click on another thumbnail without either a) refreshing the page (very annoying); or, b) backing out of the thread and re-selcting the thread (possibly even more annoying). Is there a way to eliminate this annoyance? I can't be the only one experiencing this. Thanks in advance.
I have never experienced this phenomenon and you are the first I've heard of. I do it a little differently than you describe just so I don't have to Go Back to the thread to open another pic. I hover the curser over the pic and CTRL+click to open the pic in a new tab. This can be done as many times as I like, that way I can have multiple pics open at the same time to scroll through. When done I just close tabs and the original thread is still open.

This is ass-u-me-ing of course that you're using a computer or similar device but the browser you use may differ on how to open a new tab. I don't use a phone for forums.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 02:41 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
I experience this same phenomenon when looking at pictures. Iíll try Rustyís method.
YodiYami likes this.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 03:21 PM
Farkle Trainee

ditto

Ď18 K1600GT Opt #719 Blue Planet Metallic w/saddle brown seat
'14 FJR-ES Candy Red (sold)
'83 CB1100F Blue Red and White (not currently running)
'83 CB1100F Red Black and White (in the shed)
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 03:29 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Me too. Anoying. I will try Rusty's method also

It works thanks!

2013 FJR1300 and other bikes
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

rbentnail's method certainly works. However, if anybody has found a way to eliminate, even the need to do that, the remedy would be greatly appreciated. For example, on most forums, one can click on the thumbnail he wishes to view, back-arrow, click the next one, view it, back-arrow, etc., etc.

By the way rbentnail, thanks for that suggestion. It definitely works; but, is a "halfway there" remedy.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Yes ,still a litle cumbersome but better than what I was doing. This is the only site that acts that way.

2013 FJR1300 and other bikes
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Farkle Trainee

It's because you are running an adblocker or the likes. I'm running "Ghostery" and it does the same thing. Whitelist the site and it works normal. However, if you look at what's on this site, as far as the advertising/data gathering, your jaw will drop open. 17 trackers on this site, all advertising or analytics. So I'll deal with the single photo issues instead of letting them track all my stuff.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Well, mystery is solved even if the problem is not remedied. I checked and Laser Dude is definitely correct. I guess I'll deal with the technique as suggested by rbentnail. Thanks Laser Dude.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Administrator
Farkle Trainee

Hi,

It appears the adblock software is interfering with our own, thanks to @Laser Dude for pointing this out. Has anyone who has 'whitelisted' our site still experienced this same issue?

Fergus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page