YouTube yet again - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 12:14 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Well done! I never tried to figure it out, I always figured folks could click a link just as well. Now I know!

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 12:39 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBEmerson View Post
No worries. You've hit on one of those little annoyances, where including the embed code works on one site, the share URL works on another site, and the URL from the browser works here, that keeps life interesting.
Well, frustrating anyway

Thanks for the solution

Just keepin' up with traffic, Officer.

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Being, among other amazing skills and talents (hoo boy - talk about tall tales), I spent too much time on IT. If I can't figure this out, I should go back to the steam-driven abacus. "Click this link" seems so ...icky?

Seriously, the problem is many related forums (say, FJR sites) use different forum software. Each has its own rules. Additionally, I encountered one site where the sysop's locked out embedding videos altogether. Figuring out the rules isn't as simple as it should be. Grrr...

I used to think I probably knew what I was doing. Now I know I probably know what I'm doing. Which doesn't say I always knew what I was doing or always know what I'm doing. You know what I'm saying?
-
'17 FJR 1300ES

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 12:58 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBEmerson View Post
Being, among other amazing skills and talents (hoo boy - talk about tall tales), I spent too much time on IT. If I can't figure this out, I should go back to the steam-driven abacus. "Click this link" seems so ...icky?

Seriously, the problem is many related forums (say, FJR sites) use different forum software. Each has its own rules. Additionally, I encountered one site where the sysop's locked out embedding videos altogether. Figuring out the rules isn't as simple as it should be. Grrr...
Well .... Uh .... anyway .... before retiring .... for the last 30 years or so .... I made my living in computer tech support

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Gee, I'd like to get back to you but the DNS servers are only saying 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.1, in IPv6 space all they say is FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF. Accounting is not happy, HR is quite upset, and management is looking to hang someone. How about I get back to you on this in say ...um... a year from now?

I used to think I probably knew what I was doing. Now I know I probably know what I'm doing. Which doesn't say I always knew what I was doing or always know what I'm doing. You know what I'm saying?
-
'17 FJR 1300ES

Last edited by RBEmerson; 07-23-2018 at 10:30 PM.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 08:20 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I can't talk right not. New Accounts has an angry customer at her desk, and she can't print.

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

ROFL. At the academic site I ran, it was incensed department heads, particularly the psych dept., who went ...um... nuts. What that says about anything isn't clear, but can't be good. OTOH, problems with a Navy site, producing tapes(!!!) for fleet a/c, that was a gut turner because of the value of the product. Worse, the contract officer had no clue as to what was involved in the problem. He just got angry about some captain landing on his head.

-
'17 FJR 1300ES

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page