FJR Owners Forum banner
S

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    299 Posts
    Good morning. Just saw the final 'results' pdf and looked for your name. I have been very busy the last 2 weeks and have not been able to monitor the daily ride reports or any standings. You have my sincere sympathies for being unable to finish. Not the result you were shooting for, obviously. Best of luck in two years!! Respect for endeavoring and even getting to the starting line.

· Registered
    38 Posts
    Shipping is on the house, do a good deed for a vet or an elder.
    Hope you had fun on your 5 day ride. Still have snow on the ground up here in Ohio.
    Be safe, Dave

· Registered
    38 Posts
    Steve, I got the line back from ups. double ck that address you sent me, think they said zip code issue??
    If you want, just call me at 330-448-0078 8-5 eastern m-f ask for Dave.

· Registered
    38 Posts
    Having all kinds of computer issues on this end. Got your address, sending oe line and extension to you.
    I'll let ya know on the shipping.
    Dave

· Registered
    687 Posts
    At next change , I am again going to run Yam 15-50 and will sample. If it stands up as expected , I will settle on this and extend out to (10000km- 6200mile) intervals.
    Interested in your results.

(Can only post 1000 key strokes in email) geeesh. lol

· Registered
    687 Posts
    Steve.

Reading the oil recent oil thread and see you had a analysis done at 8500 miles.(RT 15-40)
    Do you happen to have the viscosity values from that sample? Also % of fuel if any?
    I have been doing some testing using 5/40 and 15-40 RT. on my Gen 3. (I ran 15=40 on my 99 Concours for more than 80K miles with no issue).I personally know two people running C14's that have well in access of 100K miles exclusively on T-6. They have not ever sampled...
    I have run a couple of changes with 5-40 T6 and based on the amount of shearing(even 1800 mile test showed excessive to me) have decided not to use it anymore. The non syn 15-40 fares
    better.
    I normally change at 6000km(=/-4000mile). I have run Yam 15-50 but did not sample.
    I did first two changes with Yam 10-40 and did not like sound of engine under light load (3500rpm). Yam 15-50 takes care of that as does RT 15-40.

Little Joe
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…