FJR lock Brackets available - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Its that time of the year!!

I'm offering FREE SHIPPING when purchasing TWO helmet lock brackets and half price shipping on ONE bracket.

This offer is valid now thru 3-31-16 and includes ALL year FJR's with USPS tracking.

Please e-mail me @ [email protected] for options, pricing, etc.

**Please put "FJR" in the header and note what year bike you have AND if it's an ES MODEL (as the left side bracket is DIFFERENT).

Thanks, Scott

Scott

2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 09:52 AM
Training wheels fitted!

I have two of these on my 2013 FJR and they are great! I have a Powerlet outlet on the left side and just the lock bracket on the right. Bought the lock assemblies from Partszilla and had them keyed the same as the ignition key so one key fits all. No problem hanging full face helmets on either side.

2013 FJR
Biloxi, Ms
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 10:41 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespo View Post
I have two of these on my 2013 FJR and they are great! I have a Powerlet outlet on the left side and just the lock bracket on the right. Bought the lock assemblies from Partszilla and had them keyed the same as the ignition key so one key fits all. No problem hanging full face helmets on either side.
You say you bought the lock assemblies from Partszilla and HAD THEM KEYED THE SAME AS THE IGNITION KEY. Could you explain that process? Thanks either way, Philharmonic

07 FJR 48,000 miles 03 Yamaha FJR1300
1986 Yamaha FZX700 1977 Kawasaki KX250 1978? Yamaha TY250 1979 Yamaha YZ250 1970 850 Moto Guzzi 1974? Honda XL 100 1978? Yamaha XT500 1975 Yamaha RD350B 1964 Bridgestone 90S

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Re-keying

Quote:
Originally Posted by philharmonic View Post
You say you bought the lock assemblies from Partszilla and HAD THEM KEYED THE SAME AS THE IGNITION KEY. Could you explain that process? Thanks either way, Philharmonic
Here's a link from another FJR on re-keying the Helmet Guardian locks which is similar to the Yamaha locks:

http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index...63&hl=guardian

The Yamaha lock part # is: 26H-21308-01-00

And thank you MESPO!!

NOTE: If you get the correct style HG lock assembly (same key offset as the FJR), those will work as well.

There's numerous options for electrical tabs as well. Just a couple:

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 02-24-2016 at 11:02 AM.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 11:50 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I too have these helmet lock brackets, on my '07. Been there forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philharmonic View Post
I went to my local BMW dealership. **USING A SPARE REPLACEMENT KEY** I checked the Helmet Guardian locks he had hanging on the wall. Found one my key would go into, bought it. Using the FJRForum link above I "re-keyed" my locks to use my ignition key.

**NOTE**
The OEM key did not fit into the HG lock, it was too fat. The replacement keys I use are a little thinner so they fit fine.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
I too have these helmet lock brackets, on my '07. Been there forever.

I went to my local BMW dealership. **USING A SPARE REPLACEMENT KEY** I checked the Helmet Guardian locks he had hanging on the wall. Found one my key would go into, bought it. Using the FJRForum link above I "re-keyed" my locks to use my ignition key.

**NOTE**
The OEM key did not fit into the HG lock, it was too fat. The replacement keys I use are a little thinner so they fit fine.
Waaay back in 2004, I found the HG at Deals Gap (packaged in a plastic bag). I rode up on my FJR and poked my ignition key thru the bag. It was the same offset and partially entered the lock cylinder. Bought it and I re-keyed it and used my Yamaha key. Then I designed and made the first Gen brackets. It was slightly snugger BUT did work fine Those locks stayed on my 04 till I sold it.

Someone (in the other thread) found the exact Yamaha part # that works W/O being tight...

Perhaps HG has gotten sloppier in their manufacturing procedures over time...

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 02-24-2016 at 01:07 PM.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Training wheels fitted!

This is the part number and nomenclature for the locks from Partszilla:

26H-21308-01-00 HELMET HANGER ASSY

I took the ignition key and the locks to a Locksmith and it took him about 10 minutes to replace the cylinder pins to match the key. The locksmith charged me about $20.00.

2013 FJR
Biloxi, Ms

Last edited by Mespo; 02-24-2016 at 03:46 PM.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Just for others to see the offer (as it tends to get lost in new posts)

I'm offering FREE SHIPPING when purchasing TWO helmet lock brackets and half price shipping on ONE bracket.

This offer is valid now thru 3-31-16 and includes ALL year FJR's with USPS tracking.

Please e-mail me @ [email protected] for options, pricing, etc.

**Please put "FJR" in the header and note what year bike you have AND if it's an ES MODEL (as the left side bracket is DIFFERENT).

Thanks, Scott
Gary B. likes this.

Scott

2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 03:05 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Hi Scott I am interested in two lock only mounts. How much & how do I start the process.

Bob
[email protected]
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
See my above post, #18

There's up to SIX options for your bike, three LOCK ONLY options for the '06-'16 bikes.

Message sent to your e-mail address.

Scott

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-04-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page