Bill Mayer Seat Group Buy - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 08:56 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Amen brother, when it comes to the arse they're all different, good luck
DukeNukem likes this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 12:49 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
Don't wanna put cold water on your buy but you can buy a Seth Laam for less even with the 20% discount of the Mayer,, just saying,, my Laam is great !
IF you want to risk it. It seems that the various threads have people reporting the full range of experiences with him. While he might make a good seat, he seems to have taken business lessons for the worse of the 2 Mayer brothers.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
IF you want to risk it. It seems that the various threads have people reporting the full range of experiences with him. While he might make a good seat, he seems to have taken business lessons for the worse of the 2 Mayer brothers.
Pretty sure I can find a negative review online on just about any business out there. Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.

2013 FJR1300
Mods: Delkevic mini 8" carbon fiber slip ons

2006 custom Yamaha Warrior
Mods: High compression pistons, cams, 240 rear tire, samson shorty pipes, velocity tube intakes, power commander, custom rear steel fender

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 11:03 AM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNukem View Post
Pretty sure I can find a negative review online on just about any business out there. Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.
Actually no. Well you might be able to find bad reviews of any business, but with respect to Rocky Mayer, the reviews appear to have a great deal of merit. The guy has had some legendary problems which have resulted in riders losing both seats and money.

The complication here is that the Mayer family tree is complicated, and one of the Mayer businesses has consistently produced good work, on time.

Coincidentally, I believe the original Russell seat was designed by Bill Mayer, before he left and set up on his own. However, that design was patented and owned by the company, so Bill's seats didn't use the same suspension system.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 11:41 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

You're right. Rocky was a mess, Bill made the original design and was prevented from copying it when he sold the company to Russell. Old man Mayer was reported to have said that, while he made a really good seat using different types of foam, it could never be as good as his original design (sold to Russell). Laam reports to have a good design as long as you don't expect it to be delivered based on any kind of schedule (according to quite a few people).

http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index...out-seth-laam/

Is just one such thread. Every satisfied customer was one who sent it off without the need or expectation to get it back until it showed up.

--update--

Even more people reporting mixed results on another thread. Seems mail-ins that have been waiting a long time get bumped for short-notice ride ins. Good design. Good execution. Poor scheduling.

http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index...low/?p=1341808

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bounce; 10-08-2016 at 09:27 AM.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Hello everyone, Just a quick bump here.

The group buy is scheduled to start tomorrow and I'm still lacking numbers to make this happen. So for any interested, PM me. I'll send you Rock's email. That way, he can address any questions or concerns directly with you.

Thanks!

2013 FJR1300

Mods: High compression pistons, cams, 240 rear tire, samson shorty pipes, velocity tube intakes, power commander, custom rear steel fender
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

This offer is still open guys. It has also been extended out to all other makes and models of motorcycles. So please let me know if you or a buddy of yours is interested!

2013 FJR1300

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 06:58 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
You can buy one outright for 20% off right now on there site.

Its me.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

I did see that on his website today. Although, the general 20% off only applies to vinyl. The fjr group buy applies to leather, vinyl, and heat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page