Garauld Accessory Catalog - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 02:01 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Hello. Need to purchase a set of frame sliders.

Hello. I need to purchase a set of frame sliders for my 2007 FJR1300AE. I am installing a set of Canyon Cage on the bike. I just joined this forum for the first time and am a first time FJR owner. Would like to know how to contact you for the sliders. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 08:14 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerjmr View Post
Hello. I need to purchase a set of frame sliders for my 2007 FJR1300AE. I am installing a set of Canyon Cage on the bike. I just joined this forum for the first time and am a first time FJR owner. Would like to know how to contact you for the sliders. Thanks.
Go to post #1. Each post in a thread is numbered in the top right.

Method 1: click on the poster's user name. A dropdown box appears. Click on "Send a Private Message..." Then fill in the blanks, just as if you were sending an email. This is the generally accepted and preferred method of doing private business.

Method 2: in the text of Post #1 he lists his email address in the text-speak "on Gmail". That means the same as when everyone else lists with the 'at' symbol. Using text-speak keeps spam robots from picking up the 'at' symbol. You can contact him via regular email.

Yes, we have spam bots scanning all forums all the time. That's why it's unwise to use actual email addresses or phone numbers without using text-speak. Like instead of my area code 336 I would use 'three three six'. See? It's also why we use the Private Messaging (PM) system, a sort of forum-provided email thing for communicating in private with other members. If you don't want the whole world, literally the whole world, to know your email address then use the PM system instead of public posting in a thread.

Don't worry if you're a newbie not only to the bike but also to the world of computer communications like this forum. We'll get you through it .
bjoynes likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 01:44 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Hey Garauld,
I'd PM you this question, but maybe a few others would like to know the answer...
Do you/can you make a passenger backrest that latches on to the existing Yamaha top-case mounting bracket? I'd love to be able to unlatch and remove the Yamaha top case, and quickly latch on a passenger backrest for Mrs. Maverick. That would prevent the hassle of removing the black, already-bolted-on mounting bracket from the rack and then bolting on a backrest, every time we need to go between setups.

I'm a tool engineer by trade and can design such a thing and have it fabricated, but time is hard to come by lately... and it appears you do very nice work.

FJRM

2011 FJR13AAC
1981 Yamaha XJ550 RH Seca
1970 Bridgestone 100 TMX
1946 Harley WL 45

post #24 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Farkle Trainee

Funny maverick just posted in this thread as I sent Garauld a private message this morning. I'm looking to buy a backrest, highway pegs and possibly frame sliders.
post #25 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:23 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRMaverick View Post
Hey Garauld,
I'd PM you this question, but maybe a few others would like to know the answer...
Do you/can you make a passenger backrest that latches on to the existing Yamaha top-case mounting bracket? I'd love to be able to unlatch and remove the Yamaha top case, and quickly latch on a passenger backrest for Mrs. Maverick. That would prevent the hassle of removing the black, already-bolted-on mounting bracket from the rack and then bolting on a backrest, every time we need to go between setups.

I'm a tool engineer by trade and can design such a thing and have it fabricated, but time is hard to come by lately... and it appears you do very nice work.

FJRM
Funny you brought this up as I contacted Gary a couple weeks ago about this same idea for my Shad topcase mount. My wife likes having a backrest and occasionally we need the topcase. I hate switching back and forth and was trying to figure out a quick snap-on type backrest for it. I took apart my PCA to see if I could make it work without cobbling things together. I picked up a piece of plate aluminum and was going to cut grooves in the front so it slides into the forward topcase mount slots, then have rear tip down and "latch" onto something with a turn lock so it doesn't get stolen. I got nothing.....

Last edited by HFJeff; 05-18-2017 at 10:28 PM.
post #26 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Sorry, I really don't have any ideas on how to make it work at this point.

"If ya can't be handsome, ya might as well be handy!"

2004 FJR1300
post #27 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 12:35 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Thanks for the last few posts in response, guys. So it looks like there's probably enough of an interest to develop a quick-release passenger backrest design.
I'm going to work on coming up with something that works for my Yamaha top-case mount plate, and maybe it will spark some ideas for those of you with another brand.
FJRM

2011 FJR13AAC
1981 Yamaha XJ550 RH Seca
1970 Bridgestone 100 TMX
1946 Harley WL 45
post #28 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 02:45 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Love the Garauld highway pegs for relief.

My wife really loves the Saddleman backrest!

Thanks.

Can't wait to see if there are any other products in the pipeline

2005 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2003 Honda Gold Wing GL1800A
post #29 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 01:34 AM
Training wheels fitted!

PM me. Interested in the CC sliders. Do the highway pegs work with Canyon Cages? I assume not.
post #30 of 97 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 02:52 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Garauld

Gerauld, I need a pair of highway foot pegs and brackets for a 2016 Yamaha FJR 1300a. With the Rivco foot pegs. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page