FJR Owners Forum banner

Garauld Accessory Catalog

166K views 172 replies 100 participants last post by  billywilde1 
#1 ·
Please go to post #98 to see the updated catalog listing.

#3 ·
This is great thanks for posting this, don't you also paint saddlebags or side covers {and probably other parts} original colors?

#12 ·
When installing the brackets, is there an issue with disturbing the cover gasket(s)..?

I'm just wondering if once the install is done if there's a chance of any leaks occurring between the covers and their gaskets.

#15 ·
Hello, new member here. I'd like join to the long list of happy Garauld Techworks customers. Gary super sized the Givi SR357 tail case rack for my 2016 FJR1300A in the satin black finish. The fit and finish is perfect and gives me the ability to securely mount my old V46 or strap stuff directly to the tail rack when I don't need the capacity of the case. Added functionality, strength, and a better looking rack than the original. Quick turnaround and professional service.

#19 ·
Garauld Accessory Catalog - CC sliders

Bought a pair of frame sliders, custom-made to fit my Canyon Cages, from Garauld on this thread.
Gary supplies the new hardware needed for his sliders, and the hex bolts just make sense there.
Great quality product, with a metal insert that fills the CC bolt recess nicely.
Highly recommended, if you have Canyon Cages.

The CCs come with a large Allen bolt, which put me off while I went after that big Allen wrench.
I installed these CCs myself, so I must have it here somewhere . . . :) OK, done.
Now I put the extra protection on my bike so I could be sure that I would never need it.
These sliders will probably still be untouched, if the day ever comes to sell the bike.
That's just how things go with me. :cool:

#20 ·
Excellent Fit and Quality Machining-Stiffy

I would like to give a shout out to Gary for the excellent quality, fit, and finish of the subframe stiffy kit. I am amazed at the fitment and tight tolerances. It was super-simple to install and this, combined with my Shad mounting bracket, has really made for a solid mounting base for my top case. One thing I really like about your design over others I have seen is that it does not block the small additional storage pockets located under the rear pillion. Also you went with the perfect color! Thanks for providing a well engineered solution for us.

[URL=http://s11.photobucket.com/user/HFJeff/media/IMG_2234_zps2u1lfgbk.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s11.photobucket.com/user/HFJeff/media/IMG_2251_zpszlsk8niv.jpg.html]

Reactions: sBandit
#21 ·
Hello. Need to purchase a set of frame sliders.

Hello. I need to purchase a set of frame sliders for my 2007 FJR1300AE. I am installing a set of Canyon Cage on the bike. I just joined this forum for the first time and am a first time FJR owner. Would like to know how to contact you for the sliders. Thanks.

#22 ·
Hello. I need to purchase a set of frame sliders for my 2007 FJR1300AE. I am installing a set of Canyon Cage on the bike. I just joined this forum for the first time and am a first time FJR owner. Would like to know how to contact you for the sliders. Thanks.
Go to post #1. Each post in a thread is numbered in the top right.

Method 1: click on the poster's user name. A dropdown box appears. Click on "Send a Private Message..." Then fill in the blanks, just as if you were sending an email. This is the generally accepted and preferred method of doing private business.

Method 2: in the text of Post #1 he lists his email address in the text-speak "on Gmail". That means the same as when everyone else lists with the 'at' symbol. Using text-speak keeps spam robots from picking up the 'at' symbol. You can contact him via regular email.

Yes, we have spam bots scanning all forums all the time. That's why it's unwise to use actual email addresses or phone numbers without using text-speak. Like instead of my area code 336 I would use 'three three six'. See? It's also why we use the Private Messaging (PM) system, a sort of forum-provided email thing for communicating in private with other members. If you don't want the whole world, literally the whole world, to know your email address then use the PM system instead of public posting in a thread.

Don't worry if you're a newbie not only to the bike but also to the world of computer communications like this forum. We'll get you through it ;).

Reactions: bjoynes
#23 ·
Hey Garauld,
I'd PM you this question, but maybe a few others would like to know the answer...
Do you/can you make a passenger backrest that latches on to the existing Yamaha top-case mounting bracket? I'd love to be able to unlatch and remove the Yamaha top case, and quickly latch on a passenger backrest for Mrs. Maverick. That would prevent the hassle of removing the black, already-bolted-on mounting bracket from the rack and then bolting on a backrest, every time we need to go between setups.

I'm a tool engineer by trade and can design such a thing and have it fabricated, but time is hard to come by lately... and it appears you do very nice work.

FJRM

#25 · (Edited)
Hey Garauld,
I'd PM you this question, but maybe a few others would like to know the answer...
Do you/can you make a passenger backrest that latches on to the existing Yamaha top-case mounting bracket? I'd love to be able to unlatch and remove the Yamaha top case, and quickly latch on a passenger backrest for Mrs. Maverick. That would prevent the hassle of removing the black, already-bolted-on mounting bracket from the rack and then bolting on a backrest, every time we need to go between setups.

I'm a tool engineer by trade and can design such a thing and have it fabricated, but time is hard to come by lately... and it appears you do very nice work.

FJRM
Funny you brought this up as I contacted Gary a couple weeks ago about this same idea for my Shad topcase mount. My wife likes having a backrest and occasionally we need the topcase. I hate switching back and forth and was trying to figure out a quick snap-on type backrest for it. I took apart my PCA to see if I could make it work without cobbling things together. I picked up a piece of plate aluminum and was going to cut grooves in the front so it slides into the forward topcase mount slots, then have rear tip down and "latch" onto something with a turn lock so it doesn't get stolen. I got nothing.....

[URL=http://s11.photobucket.com/user/HFJeff/media/IMG_2249%201_zps6yh8ujyt.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s11.photobucket.com/user/HFJeff/media/IMG_2246_zpshehgyf3z.jpg.html]

#27 ·
Thanks for the last few posts in response, guys. So it looks like there's probably enough of an interest to develop a quick-release passenger backrest design.
I'm going to work on coming up with something that works for my Yamaha top-case mount plate, and maybe it will spark some ideas for those of you with another brand.
FJRM

#28 ·
Love the Garauld highway pegs for relief.

My wife really loves the Saddleman backrest!

Thanks.

Can't wait to see if there are any other products in the pipeline:wink2:

#34 ·
I am having a hard time finding highway pegs for a 2006 yamaha fjr 1300. The pictures show just what I need. Please let me know if I can order the bracket and Rivco pegs.
thanks.
saday1004@gmail.com
In the post directly above yours is the email of the man to contact. Why don't you email him with your questions?