WTB: Junk front seat to practice building seats. - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2020, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

WTB: Junk front seat to practice building seats.

I just got my first FJR and I'm looking to buy the cheapest front seat so I can try my hand at building a custom seat. All I need is the plastic underside. My friend who has an upholstery business wanted to team up on the project.

The Corbin that came with my bike is too firm and rather than trashing a Corbin someone might appreciate I'd like to try on a junk seat and if successful I can re-sell the Corbin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (88.8 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2020, 12:01 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Is this the real Mountain-Mike? Long time, bro!
I have a junk front seat, but there's a wee bit of a problem getting it to you at the moment. It was butchered a bit by the PO on the bottom to lower it, but otherwise, stock.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2020, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Yes Sir its me, and I think I can find photos of us at ONSTOC to prove it. Totaled my ST1100 after 125,000 miles in a trip to Austin. Just acquired a '07 FJR and I'm in the process of farkling it with all my old accessories to get it cross country ready. I'm in no hurry for the part as it would likely be a winter time learning project.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2020, 09:53 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

FYI, you can unstaple the cover and the foam underneath is one piece, lightly glued to the pan. You'll more than likely be able to remove it intact, do your mod.... then you can restore the original if need be... not that hard.
Meanwhile, my junk pan I can send if we can get the border open... international shipping a wee bit of pain/backlogs and not cheap.
Good to hear from you, hope all is well with you and your lovely. Yes, some good memories of past events

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-12-2020, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
FYI, you can unstaple the cover and the foam underneath is one piece, lightly glued to the pan. You'll more than likely be able to remove it intact, do your mod.... then you can restore the original if need be... not that hard.
Meanwhile, my junk pan I can send if we can get the border open... international shipping a wee bit of pain/backlogs and not cheap.
Good to hear from you, hope all is well with you and your lovely. Yes, some good memories of past events
Thanks for the tip. I'll happily wait for your junk pan. Till then I'm experimenting with gel seat covers as a temporary solution. I have plenty of other farkling to do as well.

2007 FJR
IBA:37369

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page