Wtb adjustable trunk plate for sr 357 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rumblestrip
  • 1 Post By RaYzerman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Wtb adjustable trunk plate for sr 357

Looking for this adjustable rear trunk plate for my GIVI SR 357 mount.

It mounts under this http://giviusa.com/givi-products/mou...ate-kit-detail

No luck finding it here so far it was a DIY 10 years ago other forum. Need someone to make one .080 to .125 thick steel plate.

This thin plate will move the trunk and M5 mount back several inches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRUNK ADAPTER.jpg (221.8 KB, 17 views)

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 AM
Farkle Trainee

Out on a limb and guessing that is a custom home made piece?

My 357 and 2 other friends do not have that solid plate.

Givi - Kappa instructions / parts list doesn't list it either.

https://media.kappamoto.com/AK-Prodotti/pdf/KR357.pdf
2GENAE likes this.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

2013 Stone Grey
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 12:14 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

There are (were) a couple of vendors selling flat aluminum plates with the Givi buttons and latch plate to accomodate any Givi top box.... I had one from Premier Cycle, but they discontinued them.... had slots to adjust position fore/aft... there are others out there, hafta do some research. Kappa's are Givi's just cheaper for the exact same thing.

Givi has its own plate SRA5103 or SRA2109, you could get that and drill your own mounting holes if needed to suit whatever rack you're using to put it on. Try Twisted Throttle for their Alu-rack maybe. I made one for my current bike from 1/4" aluminum sheet, you can buy the buttons and latch for Givi..........
2GENAE likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2020, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
There are (were) a couple of vendors selling flat aluminum plates with the Givi buttons and latch plate to accomodate any Givi top box.... I had one from Premier Cycle, but they discontinued them.... had slots to adjust position fore/aft... there are others out there, hafta do some research. Kappa's are Givi's just cheaper for the exact same thing.

Givi has its own plate SRA5103 or SRA2109, you could get that and drill your own mounting holes if needed to suit whatever rack you're using to put it on. Try Twisted Throttle for their Alu-rack maybe. I made one for my current bike from 1/4" aluminum sheet, you can buy the buttons and latch for Givi..........
Thank You Ray good information, I appreciate it very much. I NEED more room when my wife is on back with the GIVI E52 trunk. I will check these part #s on Twisted Throttle.

Side note Ray I have the GIVI light kit installed on the GIVI E228 mount that bolts on the SR357 bars.

EDIT Ray I have the GIVI light kit installed in the E228 slide in mount bolted the SR357 bar I need someone to DIY copy this .080 high strength steel plate in the picture.

This thin plate Dan has was custom made on one of the forums over 10 years ago but it is adjustable no drilling for trial and error. Dan loaned it to me to test and was so easy to adjust

My arthritis in my hands so bad this winter me making a copy is not a option right now. I was hoping I could find one and not have to hassle with drilling etc

Dan made me a template so I could purchase some .080 thick high strength steel plate so this summer I can make one if I don't find one for sale.

Thanks again :-)
Louis

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2020, 01:02 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Hi, 2GENAE,

I may be in the same boat this summer, but have yet to get feedback from my wife until we put on more miles together.

On my V-Strom with the factory trunk mount (Kappa), I was able to substitute this universal GIVI mount. It has worked quite well; I was easily able to get 2" of additional pillion room. I just installed the SR357 this past weekend, and believe this universal mount would easily clamp to the frame in place of the supplied bracket.

V6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page