SOLD - Russell day long saddle - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 05:59 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Now that it's sold..... I too think Russell's marketing is a bit overblown. There isn't much custom (shape) to it except optional spring/foam density, cover choices, stitch patterns, heated, no heat. The true custom part comes when you send it back for an adjustment or you ride in. Mine is great, but it isn't perfect and it could use a tweak to the shape, but my butt has been on it for quite a number of years and I still haven't done that.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 06:02 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Now that's it's been sold....

Russell was the worst seat I ever tried. Stock seat is better for me. Rode a lot of miles on a Corbin too. That was all before getting the new hip but the Yammy Comfort seat is just fine for me for long days. I did 10 hrs Sunday, felt fine.
FjrjrF likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 10:17 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Now that's it's been sold....

Russell was the worst seat I ever tried. Stock seat is better for me. Rode a lot of miles on a Corbin too. That was all before getting the new hip but the Yammy Comfort seat is just fine for me for long days. I did 10 hrs Sunday, felt fine.
( A motherly voice) Russ, now you've been told many times..... your different from all the rest..... go out and play, and try to be like the rest of them!
rbentnail likes this.

- Jim,
AMA and MSTA member
2014 GenIII ES
2002 VTX1800c

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 11:07 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FjrjrF View Post
( A motherly voice) Russ, now you've been told many times..... you're different from all the rest..... go out and play, and try not to injure the rest of them!
ftfy
FjrjrF likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

Before I bought my fjr I’ve never heard of Russell. Glad it works for some folks but not for me. Since I don’t have a stock fjr seat I can’t compare. However in my opinion stock can’t be any worse for my south side. But as we all are different I’m sure it’s a case by posterior case situation.

2006 fjr1300 50k silver. Iron butt fuel tank, Led pods, Corbin heated seat, all the touring fixings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page