FJR Owners Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Showcase items About

• · Registered
    2018 FJR1300A
    63 Posts
    Hi Bill, If you still have the liner bags, I am interested. Could I get you to shoot me a photo or two?

How would you prefer payment? PayPal?
    I could also write you a check and wait a few weeks to assure that it clears.

Thx!
    Jim Herrud

3134 S. Whitepost Way
    Eagle ID 83616
    jimherrud@cableone.net
    208-871-3017 (If you call, please leave a message for me to call you back as I don't usually pick up for numbers I don't recognize.)

· Registered
    1,836 Posts
    Bill, Ferret here (Mickey), and I have a question for you.

I have one of my menu items set as coolant temp. The other day I had it on that page and noticed the coolant temp fluctuation like crazy so yesterday I rode for 26 mins at an ambient temp of 42 degrees and switched to the coolant temp page. I was on a flat, straight highway going 63 miles per hour steady and pulled out my cell phone to record it

Over the next 2 miles (2 mins 3 secs) my coolant temp gauge read in order 159,158,154,156,159,163,172,145,143,149,158,163,168,176,147,141,143,154,163,176,174,158,140,147

Does this sound normal? One would think the coolant would reach a given temp and stay there unless accelerating, going up a hill, stopping for traffic etc ie: different draws on the motor, but not going flat same speed same temp.

Am I worrying about nothing?

have you tried it on your 18?

Mickey

ps if you'd rather discuss by email, mine is Mickeylotz0518@gmail.com

heading out for a 2 hr ride now.

· Premium Member
    323 Posts
    Bill, I saw you posted in the double risers section and wanted to ask.
    Are you actually running 2 sets of Helibars? Your post said you hadn't needed to change hoses (I assume this is after adding the helibar extension brake line?), and have no problems with the 2 plates?
    I'm seriously considering as I've got less length in my arms and am leaning forward a bit more that I want. Was there any other installation issues, or was it actually as simple as just installing the second plate on the first?
    Thanks ~ I really haven't seen/heard anyone with a newer bike and 2 sets.

Tim
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…