Brisbane Riders..."Lets ride again" - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to moose
Brisbane Riders..."Lets ride again"

Hello to all...and allow me first to wish you all the very best for 2007! I hope everyone had a good Christmas and fantastic New Years.

But now back to serious bussiness....

It has been a while since we've all met up for a ride day (I have a dream ride in September 2006). How about we get together for another ride day ?

I was thinking Sunday February the 4th for this ride.

We could meet and gather at about 8.00 AM at the Mt Cootha Lookout (another photo oportunity ) and head for Mt Nebo onto Mt Glorious for Breakfast at the Miaila Cafe there about 9 ish (very Biker friendly little place) and head for the Samford valley onto Dayboro for a coffee or light refreshment, Mt Mee, Woodford, Peachester and Beerwah for lunch at the pub at about 1230. Then head back to Brisbane via Old Gympie Rd (Glasshouse Mountains scenic route...more pictures ) towards Caboolture and back to Brisbane approx 3.30 ish

I know it's a fair ride (approx. 245 Km's from Mt Cootha back to Mt Cootha.)..but it's a great ride. Plenty of twisties and good scenery to enjoy with plenty of stops. I thought we can just take the freeway back towards Brisbane and everyone can just peel off home from there.

Who's in?

Moose

"What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Farkle Trainee

COUNT ME IN MOOSE
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Moose

Some observations and suggested variations on the plan:
Coffee at Dayboro would be only a short time after Breakfast at the Mialla.
The Pattiserie at Samford has lots of yummies and good coffee.
An alternative route is also suggested from Woodford, Peachester, Stanley River Road (22 kms of long sweepers and mountain roads), Maleny or Montville for lunch, then down to Landsborough Then head back to Brisbane via Old Gympie Rd (Glasshouse Mountains scenic route...more pictures ) towards Caboolture and back to Brisbane approx 3.30 ish

Gav

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Gav,

I originally wanted to do that exact route....but due to the distances some riders might have to travel to get back home afterwards (David & Zea...Gold Coast) (Atlas....1/2 way to Toowoomba and some other South Siders ) changed. But if people are happy doing lunch at Montville...Count me in!!
There is some fantastic riding up that way and the scenery is wonderfull too.

We are afterall..."Sports Tourers" "We eat Kilometers for breakfast right?"

Moose

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 05:17 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Moose,

I could not think of a worse place to ride on Sunday, or any weekend to tell you the truth....

Between the cops and the boy racers its just not the place to be... Any of the cafes will be packed etc etc...

Would love to catch up with everyone again, but anywhere up that way would be my last choice for a w/e ride...
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Atlas makes some good points, but we would try and make it anyway just bexause you are all such nice guys

Sundays do present a bit of a challenge for us, and also Feb is a bad month for me work-wise - we have a state and national conference on 2 weekends (2 different events) where I have heavy commitments, so there is a better than 50/50 chance we won't be able to commit until the last moment.

Nothing wrong with a ride to Queen Mary falls on this Saturday, or maybe Sat 20th, though.

IBA 21684

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I (may) did crash but I (will) did not die by accident
Brakes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Who needs brakes - they only slow you down
but when you do need them, use them with all your might
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Not hijacking the thread, just adding a warm-up ride this coming Saturday. We will be breakfasting at the Outpost in Canungra, leaving at about 8:30 (or 9:00) to ride somewhere in the Boonah/Queen Mary Falls/Mt Lindesay area. If anyone wants to meet at Beaudesert we can make Macca's the grouping point, to leave there at 9:00 (or 9:30).

If anyone wants to join us, just post here and we'll work out the times that suit most.

IBA 21684

Brakes
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Sorry I won't see you there Atlas....
But...You can't win 'em all they say!
I'll still be going regardless and will commit for a ride on the 4th Feb 07 and meet at about 8.00 AM at the Mt Cootha Lookout for anyone who's interested in this ride.
Exact details of the ride can be sorted out on the day (stops for lunch and coffee...).
Look forward to catching up guys...It's been too long since we last rode.
PeterPan are you still on mate? David?

A new FJR owner contacted me from the north side.(Barry)..he's very interested in a ride with other FJR owners and he'll be there too he said.

How did your recent ride go David1300?

Moose
[email protected]

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 06:24 AM
Farkle Trainee

Yep ill still be there
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

We had a great ride - the day was not too hot. Breakfast at Canungra, met up with Phil (recently moved here from Crescent Head) fuel stop at Boonah, back roads up to Queen Mary Falls, milkshakes and coffee there, down via Rathdowney and Beaudesert, Coffee at Canungra and home.

Unfortunately the 4th is still less than 50/50 for us, though.

IBA 21684

Brakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page