Brisbane Riders..."Lets ride again" - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Moose - I may still make it, but Zea won't. If I'm not there (MT Cootha)by 8:00, leave without me. PM your mobile tel no to me, then I can message you on Sunday to confirm yes/no.

IBA 21684

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I (may) did crash but I (will) did not die by accident
Brakes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Who needs brakes - they only slow you down
but when you do need them, use them with all your might
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to moose
A quick review of yesterdays ride:

We had 5 FJR's and one XJR take part in the 370 KM trip around the Samford valley yesterday. I'm also glad to report that no rain, accidents or speeding fines were encountered along the way.
We started the day at Mt Cootha lookout and rode up to Glorious for Breaky at the Miala cafe. I think everyone who owned a bike in Brissy was there as well. It made for an excellent athmosphere up there...plenty of nice bikes to drool over and breakfast was fantastic!!

We then rode onto Samford, Dayboro, Mt Mee for a quick break and onwards towards Melany for lunch.

After lunch we headed back towards home via Bald Knob Road (named after me I think??) towards Peachester, Beerwah onto Caboolture via old Gympie Rd.
Once we got closer towards Brissy we went our own seperate ways home.

Susan and I had a great day riding and would like to thank Tony & Pauline , Tony (bikesonshow) & wife (sorry Mrs Tony...I forgot your name ), Tony's brother & Wife & his XJR, Rico and Barry the Crank (FJR without windshield) for a wonderfull day.

Tony....how is your brother's bee-sting?

"What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money".
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 03:15 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Great ride, but my bum will take a few days to recover!

Wife is Tracy, by the way.

Well organised, Simon, but next time maybe a bit shorter.

Cheers

TonyG

TonyG, Brisbane Australia
2002 Yamaha FJR1300

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Send a message via MSN to stormycove1 Send a message via Yahoo to stormycove1
hi simon great ride very well organised great brekie on the mount well worth the wait . hope to do it again soon maybe a bit slower lol
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesonshow
Great ride, but my bum will take a few days to recover!..... but next time maybe a bit shorter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormycove1
.....hope to do it again soon maybe a bit slower lol
Moose, whatya doin' - working the boys too hard

Sounds like you had a good time. Phil and I joined some of his workmates and did a shorter run down here - we both had afternoon commitments, so it would have been just too far to get home in time.

I can see that we might have some challenges ahead for the brass monkey run, and for the next State of Origin.

I've also just had a crazy thought of heading down to Melbourne for the Superbikes first weekend in March.

IBA 21684

Brakes
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

What are you talking about Tony "Geee"

Quote:
Wife is Tracy, by the way
I remembered her name....Check the Report again....I think you're seeing things mate
(The power of editing E-mails once they are posted is great BTW Sorry Tracy)

Next Time shorter...slower??? Getting home via the freeway was boring after some excellent riding through the hills I think.

Maybe we can do another ride to Canungra soon? Then David can show off his "black" machine again?

Just on the colour thingy
Our little ride included 5 FJR's the other day....We had a Burgundy, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Silver and Blue two tone jobie and my Silver little number. Five bikes all different colours.
If PeterPan would have come(Gold) and David too (Black...not a real colour) we could have had all colours there.

anyway...enough chit chat for now.

Thanks again guys

post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 05:53 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Sorry we missed it all, hope to catch up next run.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Jwm
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to Jwm
You Qld based riders are so well organised, very hard to motivate these NSWelshman.
I might catch up with you at the Superbikes David, my plan is to ride down on the Saturday morning. Unfortunately a Friday night commitment prohibits me going any earlier. I think my group is staying at the caravan park at Wonthaggi.
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Just letting whoever wants a ride know that we are planning the following ride this Saturday 3 March:

Breakfast at Cafe Metz (NOT the Outpost) in Canungra, leaving there at 8:30. Will go past Maccas in Beaudesert if anyone indicates they will meet there, and leave there at 9, head to Christmas Creek (back roads), then maybe over Lions Road to Ripples on the Creek for early lunch, or (more likely) via Rathdowney, quick squirt up/down Mt Lindesay and lunch at Boonah (Flavours Cafe). Aim to get home by 2 to watch Superbike practice, or V8's from Adelaide (whichever takes your fancy)

IBA 21684

Brakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page