Brisbane Riders..."Lets ride again" - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Hey moose,

Would it be OK if my brother came on this ride on his new XJR1300? Not a pretty bike, so naked, and all that chain maintenance, but he's a nice bloke. XJR riders get SO lonely...

TonyG
Brisbane

TonyG, Brisbane Australia
2002 Yamaha FJR1300

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Tony - the rides are usually for FJR owners and friends (if they have any ) so I am sure your brother will be most welcome. Besides, there is always a need for a photographer to take piccies of all the FJR owners. And an XJR is cool

IBA 21684

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I (may) did crash but I (will) did not die by accident
Brakes
Who needs brakes - they only slow you down
but when you do need them, use them with all your might
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Very, very short notice. Zea and I have decided to go to Tenterfield for lunch tomorrow (Sunday). If anyone else gets this late message and would like to come along, call me on 0418 787869 at 7am Sunday and I'll give rendezvous points.

Amazing what a good BBQ and a few glasses of fine wine can unlock

IBA 21684

Brakes

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to moose
Tony,

Bring ya bro mate!! Look forward to meeting up with ya both next Sunday.

David, By the time I saw your E-mail you would have been gone allready Sorry I missed out on the Tenterfield ride. Hope you had a good one

Will we see you next week?

Moose [/quote]

"What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money".
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 02:47 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Hi Moose

My bro wants to join the ride at Mt Nebo or similar (he lives in Keperra). Is there a logical rendesvous point and time I can give him that will work for the rest of the riders?

TonyG

2002 Yamaha FJR1300

post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Tony,

Not even on an FJR...and allready making demands..."What's it with these XJR Guys?"

Tell him about 0847AM'ish if all goes well mate.

Tony...Why doesn't he meet us at The Gap instead.(Waterworks Rd)..closer by?

But he has to ride on the back of the pack !

Moose

post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

@Tony - I'm with Moose on his comments - any more 'requests' from your brother and he'll not only ride at the back, but also have to wash the FJr's at each stop

Seriously (from someone who has organised many rides) it is far better if everyone meets at one starting point. That way the 'organiser' (informal though it might be) at least knows how many bikes, and knows that everyone knows the days plan.

@Moose - great ride to Tenterfield, but our lunch place has been demolished and the new place we found was just OK. Will have to go back and look for another sometime. 580k's, left home at 8, back home at 4:30. Took back roads to get there, one not a good choice (Atlas will know the road, but it is bumpier than I remembered). Rode the Mt Lindesay road, and also the great road up the range before Tenterfield.

We're thinking of a 'brass monkey' ride up there in winter - it's a great historic place (claims to be the birthplace of our nation). We'll ride up on Saturday morning, explore, overnight, and ride back on Sunday.

Still not able to commit about the 4th - will only know late this week.

IBA 21684

Brakes
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Training wheels fitted!

I think he should have to ride at the back and wash the FJRs anyway! It's only fitting for an XJR rider - he has little hope of keeping up with the pack.

I'll suggest The Gap near the servo, Moose. I guess 8.30AM there would work? Damned if I know why he won't just ride over to Cootha like the rest of us. Always was an ornery *******, even as a kid. And I still have the bruises to prove it.

Cheers, see you Sunday.

Tony

PS: Also, like to know more about this brass monkey ride to Tenterfield when it's worked out. Do you tent it (no-one camps any more) or are you all soft bed riders? I've been thinking about that area as a weekend ride lately.

2002 Yamaha FJR1300

post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Tony,

Quote:
Always was an ornery *******, even as a kid. And I still have the bruises to prove it.
For $ 5 bucks I can beat him up for you if you like ....as a form of revenge or payback?

Look forward to seeing you both Sunday :ale

post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Send a message via MSN to stormycove1 Send a message via Yahoo to stormycove1
4th of feb ride

hi moose we'll be there me and my shadow lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page