Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Off to see the Wizard - MkII

3 years ago we headed down to Phillip Island for the MotoGP:
http://www.fjrowners.ws/discus/messages/2/42647.html

Now it is being planned again by this bunch of reprobates:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose
These guys are upto something....wonder what?

Thats right!! Phillip Island here we come!! The bald boys are going on a most excellent adventure!!
I can feel a good thing coming on

You must plan to do the Barry Sheene Memorial Ride from Bairnsdale on the Thursday. I'm checking my schedule in the next few days

IBA 21684

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I (may) did crash but I (will) did not die by accident
Brakes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Who needs brakes - they only slow you down
but when you do need them, use them with all your might
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to moose
Now after reading your Most Excellent Adventure David..I'm even more excited to go . Rico has done the GP ride a few times before...so I'm tagging along with him. Not sure if he does that memorial ride on the Thurday...but I'll try and talk him into it. I'd love to have a spin on the track.

I'm not sure which way Rico plans to ride, but I'm almost sure it includes the Vic Alps. As for flat tyres....lets not talk about 'em. I'll prepare myself as good as possible. Not with Co2 carts but with hand pump and a can of zoosh.

How about yourself Santa(David)? You planning on doing the GP this year? Anyone else in Oz heading down on their FJR's?

At this stage it's the 3 bald Amigos (Rico, Rodders and myself) going on a a "most excellent adventure".

mOOse

"What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money".
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

I had been talking about the idea with another regular ride-buddy, but he got grounded as that is the weekend of his wife's 'very significant birthday'. Your post has put this right back on my agenda. I'm looking at a plan that would include:
Leave on Monday, ride great roads and overnight at Singleton
Tuesday more great roads, including the obligatory lap of Mt Panorama. Overnight at Cooma.
Wednesday - NSW and Vic Alpine roads, overnight at Bairnsdale or nearby.
Thursday - Barry Sheene ride to the Island.
Fri to Sun - race experience
Mon and Tues - straight home. Depending on whether Zea comes along, I might make Monday a full day straight home, but 1800k's could be pushing it a bit.

This 'plan' takes in many of the best motorcycling roads in Australia. Ends up being about 2,500 to 2,800k's there, and 1,800 home. Say 5,000 for the round trip.

I'll be in a better position to assess in a week or so.

IBA 21684

I (may) did crash but I (will) did not die by accident
Brakes
Who needs brakes - they only slow you down
but when you do need them, use them with all your might

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Farkle Trainee

If the racing & championship stay as close as they are at the moment, actually disregard that as it won't matter - a lot of the Melbourne lads will be there. From memory, we will have started daylight saving too, which will help a little if you're traveling from interstate.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 04:01 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

So, the "Three Amigos" ride again. Watch out world!!!
I will be riding down to PI with a couple of guys from Brissy(three FJR's from memory) and spending about four days in Cowes and then taking a few days to ride back. I believe we leave on Monday the 29th Sept.
Perhaps we could coordinate a little and have a good bunch riding together from Brissy. Just a thought.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:39 AM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to moose
Swannie,

Hows things mate? Rico, Rodders and myself will be getting together soon to work out the route, dates and details. I would expect that cruising down together would be no probs at all. I'm hoping to do the Barry Sheene memorial ride from Bairnsdale to the Island on the Friday. From memory Rico mentioned riding accross the Vic Alps into Melbourne? We will be staying at Cowes too.

I must mention however Swannie.....if you ride with us you gotta loose the hair matey No pretty boys in our posse

Moose

"What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money".
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 03:37 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Hey Guys

Soooo its the three reprobates hey. Well you're probably right must try to avoid the altitude sickness this time .

David, be great if you are going as well, you would recognize a lot of the roads I got them from you before the 2006 trip.

Leaving on Tuesday (the usual plan) means a big day to get close as possible to Cootamundra, a good place to jump off and head to Tumut, Khancoban, Corryong along the Murray Valley Hwy back towards Wodonga head up one of the valleys towards Mt Beauty then hit the GAR FUN FUN FUN all the way to Bairnsdale well actually the very last part is no fun at all

Could be an idea to leave earlier, have to ponder that over an ale or three with the follicaly challenged compadres

With Swannie heading to the Island as well looks like there will be a few of the lads having a beer at the pub in Cowes should be bloody brilliant.

Cheers

what speed camera?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page