Ride Day/Track Day - Willowbank SE Qld - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Great fun, David! Looking good!!!

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Another Ride/Track Day

Another Ride/Track Day scheduled for Monday 19 November, at Queensland Raceway. Lets see if we can get a few more FJR's out there

If anyone is interested contact me for details of a group discount.

IBA 21684

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I (may) did crash but I (will) did not die by accident
Brakes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Who needs brakes - they only slow you down
but when you do need them, use them with all your might
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Another good day - must be the best way to spend a Monday, I think. It is getting pretty warm, these days, so careful management of fluids is essential to enjoy the day.
Still the fastest FJR at Qld Raceway:

Might have to 'pull' the FJR from track duties, and fire up the Fazer600 next time. I also think they are going to bump me out of the Red (beginners) group - they figure 2 days in that group is enough of me there

And just another gratuitous piccie from last time. The pro photographer probably didn't get as many good shots this time, as there was a long delay in the morning (his best shooting time) due to a 2-bike crash. One rider hit the back of another - remember the lesson: in the early sessions, when braking, leave at least enough room on the outside for someone to go around you, 'cause as sure as nuts there is someone behind you who will brake deeper and later than you.

IBA 21684

Brakes

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Love the black. The FJR has a motor for the track doesn't it? The earth meets the footpegs a bit too soon is all.

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

20V - you're right about the footpeg/tarmac interface, but the motor is a beauty.

BTW, there was a group of 5 of us that met there, and one of the guys was on this:

We had some fun, as he didn't want to exit the pits ahead of me. I figured it was because he didn't want to run the risk of being passed by a FJR. Well, one time he did come past me (my excuse - it was the warm up lap and I wasn't yet warm). He got away by about 100 to 200 metres in the next lap, then it took me about 6 to 7 laps to close up. The only way I could get by was under braking, and I guess I had more confidence in the FJR brakes than he had in his He didn't get by again all day, and not for want of trying That back wheel can skip a little when pushing REAL HARD.

Now I've got no doubt that in the right hands the roles would absolutely be reversed, and I would see the Blackbird getting ever smaller as it outcornered me, but it was fun on the day.

I did 2 sessions with the GPS on the bike, with the track set-up set to take readings every 1 sec. I've just downloaded them and will have some fune trying to analyse them.

IBA 21684

Brakes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 04:47 AM
Jwm
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to Jwm
Good work david, keep the opposition at bay. Nice pics.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 06:31 AM
Farkle Trainee

Good to see you get a dry day to blow the cobwebs out of the beast and brain - it's been that bloody wet lately here in SE QLD I've forgotten what that big bright light in the sky is - (Says he with the dust on his clothes and fiercely sunburnt arms and legs after 3 days in the paddock / out of the workshop and office)

It'll be interesting to see what comes of the proposed motorsport complex planned for the Stapleton / Norwell area between the Gold Coast and Brisbane. While it's great to have the track at Willowbank, what I've learned of the planned future facilities should be very high standard and provide track day variety - depending on costs / access of course.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Next Track Day

Looking like it will be Monday 16 June for me. If anyone is interested in coming along, post here and lets coordinate so we can get a group discount. Usual cost is $125, but with a group of 6 or more I think it comes down to $100. I am sure I can rustle up another 3 or so from other sources.

IBA 21684

Brakes
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Hi all. So far we have 3 probables for this date, so I will be contacting Champions Ride Days and setting up a Group for the day to get the group discount. We need 6 to get a discount from $125 down to $100. I'll be contacting them Friday (busy tomorrow) so you can contact them direct after that, say you are part of the Ulysses group, and claim the reduced price.

IBA 21684

Brakes
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Another update - there is no longer a weekday group discount. They say that the price is already discounted to $125 (from $175) and that's fair enough. They have costs to cover. So just make your own booking if interested.

But the 16th June is confirmed, and another but, I think I am about to lose my place as the fastest FJR at Qld Raceway, because today we met Al and he is keen to come along. He has no hero pegs left, and half his footpegs are ground away (he used to race superbikes). Oh well, the self-given title was fun while it lasted

IBA 21684

Brakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page