NoMoSno...2016 - Page 16 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 184 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 08:18 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Sounds like I have to figure out how to get in the hoon club this fall...........

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 184 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 09:00 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
Sounds like I have to figure out how to get in the hoon club this fall...........
I'm pretty sure you're not allowed... it's pretty exclusive.
post #153 of 184 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 09:17 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Yeah. What Oface said.

And ...

I'm pretty sure you couldn't get here from CA, ride the weekend, and get back on one set of tires.

Just keepin' up with traffic, Officer.

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100

post #154 of 184 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 10:46 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

There is no doubt the membership cost will be kinda steep in more ways than one..... it's a 2500 mile round trip, and you girls couldn't show any wire..... whazzamatter? If Oface can do it, I'm up for the challenge if the stars and moon align.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #155 of 184 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 10:54 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
There is no doubt the membership cost will be kinda steep in more ways than one..... it's a 2500 mile round trip, and you girls couldn't show any wire..... whazzamatter? If Oface can do it, I'm up for the challenge if the stars and moon align.
Ah. I thought you were farther away than that. 2500 miles + two 350-mile days is probably doable. My rear tire was slick with 3148 miles on it, but it wasn't showing wire yet.

I rode the last 160 miles or so to get home a couple of years ago with wire showing, so I probably have a couple of hundred miles left in this one. I should go wear it out today

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100
post #156 of 184 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 11:51 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boofer View Post
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...stG7G8GgTnMnBP

Of course since we have not started the ride......the link will show nothing . It will be interesting if it works !!
That thing is pretty cool! You rich guys and your toys!

-

Thanks for coming along for the ride, everybody.

I'm sorry the groups were a little too large and unwieldy. I've never accepted the responsibility of being 'the leader,' which is why I just post the route and say when I'm leaving. This many friends getting together almost need somebody acting like the 'corporal' and assigning sub groups and telling people what to do.

I consider everybody that comes to the gathering to be a good friend and I want everyone to keep an eye out for each other, but when this many people want to ride together... it's a challenge.

Maybe we can make it more like a rally/poker run in the future, so it's more like a bunch of guys on solo rides, just going the same places. Because, no matter how many times we say, "ride your own ride" and "ride your own pace," people want to ride in a big group and 'keep up.'

I rode a lot gentler than I would have alone... keeping the max at about 70, even in the boring parts... the speeding ticket count stands at zero (unless Marty got one on the way home ) but riding with my friends is worth it.

I still have friends ask me, "Why do you make a pass when the whole group can't pass?" BECAUSE, we have to keep it from looking like a parade. That many bikes together at full speed makes the locals ready to call out the National Guard.

RicVal rode off the right side in a left hander on 74... about 5 miles west of Jasper. Same stretch Gr8eyes threw his away, years ago. I never saw Rick riding like he was in a hurry or riding over his head. I heard about three different reports of what happened, but from my experience, I'm guessing he just lost focus and looked at the ditch, so his bike took him there. He was hurting, but in good spirits and good hands. Thanks to Gary, Bob and Ed for looking after him and his belongings at the hotel. He's got broken bones in a Springfield hospital, and I'll be trying to get down there to visit this week.

Trainwreck and I rode all the favorites on a very zig-zag route back home. I had 1700 miles of fun... only a few of those on slabs. Thanks guys!

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #157 of 184 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 12:44 PM
CSI
Farkle Trainee

http://youtu.be/QcC6bhejJak

Hopefully YouTube doesn't strip the audio track due to copyright violations.

I got about 2 hours of video total......this is just a quick throw together, as I didn't have the time to actually go thru all of it, and then edit it down to a 6 or 7 minute video.
post #158 of 184 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 12:57 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Update on RicVal. (and this is ALL I know, so please don't PM me about it)

Rick is at Mercy Hospital in Springfield. He's not in intensive care. I tried to ring his room to give him my best, but there wasn't an answer, leading me to assume he's either resting or having tests and junk like that.

My prayers are with you Rick... for good rest and quick healing. The first few days are usually the most painful.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #159 of 184 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 03:16 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
http://youtu.be/QcC6bhejJak

Hopefully YouTube doesn't strip the audio track due to copyright violations.

I got about 2 hours of video total......this is just a quick throw together, as I didn't have the time to actually go thru all of it, and then edit it down to a 6 or 7 minute video.
You got two hours of video and you choose to post my crappy performance going up the switchbacks at Mt. Judea....oh you are cruel, sir...CRUEL!

May the wind take your troubles away.
post #160 of 184 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 03:23 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainWreck View Post
You got two hours of video and you choose to post my crappy performance going up the switchbacks at Mt. Judea....oh you are cruel, sir...CRUEL!
Don't be embarrassed. My performance going up those was sad, to say the least. Oface could probably attest to that. Those things are tough!

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page