NC OBX Sept 25-28 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

NC OBX Sept 25-28

That's right ladies and germs! The Outer Banks of North Carolina are once again calling for us to visit. Me definite, Ken the HD guy might drive & Chad the HD Guy might ride along. Everyone is welcome, regardless of what you ride, marital status, etc. including guests. Here's the tentative plan:

NC Friday 9/25

Leave Asheboro, time TBD. More than willing to modify the route a bit to meet up. Leisurely ride from left to right on the magenta line below, an easy 4.5 (stretched to 6) hr ride to overnight in Swansboro, NC here

Best Western Plus Silver Creek Inn
801 Cedar Point Boulevard
Swansboro, North Carolina 28584-8015.
(252) 393-9015

Also a little detour for my riding pleasure.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday 9/26

Ride to Harker's Island (the red line) and take a speedboat to Cape Lookout lighthouse and park. Then ride the blue line north east to Kill Devil Hills (including a short ferry ride weather permitting) for 2 nights here

Comfort Inn On the Ocean
1601 S. Virginia Dare Trail, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
(252) 441-6333
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 9/27

Visit the Wright Brother National Memorial for an hr or three then head south to Hatteras. If we feel like it take the ferry across to Ocracoke Island and back.
Monday 9/28

Go home. If Ken the HD Guy comes we'll take a northerly route across US 158 in NC and US 58 in southern Virginia. Otherwise route TBD.
Again, all are welcome. No plans for food, gas, stops or any of that. We wing it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OBX 2020.JPG (59.5 KB, 11 views)

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2020, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Our general rules:

- ride your ride;
- some folks may choose to NOT be ATGATT. If this bothers you please reconsider attending, no one wants to be lectured about how to dress. To each his own.
- no leaders, just chilled riders. I'll have Garmin waypoints & maybe routes but we're all experienced enough to figure out where we're going.
- ride your ride.
- we choose NOT to drink alcohol when riding. Your bike, your choice, we don't care, but we do reserve the right to avoid you if we feel like it. After the day, at the pool or in the parking lot, is another matter.
- bike doesn't matter, everyone is welcome so bring the wife, kid, mistress, boyfriend. Whatever. Who am I to judge ?
- we may break into smaller groups of riders so it's less stressful for everyone. Everyone is invited to go his/her/its own way if the group thing ain't your thing.
- ride your ride.
- someone try to remember some "Hello my name is" labels and a sharpie. I always forget.
- I plan for stuff for me and my regular riding buds, no one's feelings will be hurt if someone comes but does different stuff. To each his/her/its own. We chill. Ride some, rest some, eat & drink some, repeat. It's vacation, we relax.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 10:43 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Gosh Russ this is really inviting and I would go but the wife and I made reservations a year ago in the Smoky Mountains for the leaves. Shucks!

Yall have a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC Retiree
Summerfield, NC
2015 Yamaha FJR 1300

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Thanks, will do. Kinda a repeat of Cape Lookout that we visited a few yrs back but Ken the HD Guy couldn't make it that yr. It'll be good to get out of town for a few days!

Russ
2007A

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 12:20 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
That sounds like a awesome trip you guys!! If I win the lottery between now and departure I may tag along! Man I wish my niece still lived in NC, lol!

Have fun everyone!!

New to me 2003 FJR1300
2003 Ninja 500
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

It's still on! Below are the general routes. Left to right purple and return green.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OBX 2020.JPG (76.7 KB, 3 views)

Russ
2007A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page