FJR Riders Group in Southern California? - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-13-2020, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
FJR Riders Group in Southern California?

Are there any riders groups in So Cal?

- StratTuner - FJR1300 (2012)
"Time ... , why you punish me? Like the waves breaking on the shore
you wash away my dreams..." - Darius Rucker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 12:19 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Send a message via MSN to moparman70 Send a message via Yahoo to moparman70
I am in Oceanside -- I can give you a buzz next time we ride -- not a group just a group of friends --- Last ride was awesome -- we started in Temecula ( meetup) -- headed out through wine country to the 79 to Borrego Springs then around the south side of Salton Sea to Slab City then home via Palm Desert via 74 to 215 -- then split

We spent the day on the FJRs very smooth and fun for the day

sc2

1986 FJ1200
1984 NiNJA 900 ( sold )
1990 FJ1200
2014 FJR1300

FZS and FX Waverunners
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Delighted to hear that! I'll PM my email.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:24 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I've never had any luck with a rider's "group". There's always some bickering or power struggle or some kind of drama I'd rather be without. I've found that collecting phone numbers of folks around me to be more efficient. We text now and then of a planned ride, each planning for himself and inviting others along and alway try to remember to torment with pics afterwards. If folks come, fine. If they don't that's fine too. I'm never disappointed and always say "no biggie, maybe next time." Another member expressed my thoughts well -> https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/919034-post13.html. Plus I've spent a lot of years figuring out what works for me and the last thing I wanna deal with when it's time to ride is some douche canoe telling me how I ought to dress or what equipment I should buy or God forbid, I'm riding on the wrong tires. You know the type, there's one in every crowd who can't simply say "let's go!" without telling everyone else how and where to do it. Plus, as I've found, in every more formalized group, there's only a few who do the vast majority of the planning and the rest just follow with little input. Then toss in the complainer who is never happy with any choice but offers no suggestions. And the one who is always late to every meetup. And the beer drinker. And Ricky Racer. And.... and.... and....

No thank you very much! I just plan for a meet and greet or RTE, post up and text.
passx likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
You've made a thorough list of why I don't belong to a riding group; every point valid and accurate.

Riding is mostly a solo activity. That is the attraction, and it's difficult to share that without compromising its solo nature.

Still, I have no friends who ride, no friends at all really, so I'm going to try the group thing again tomorrow morning.

A loose group of FJR owners who just text out loud that they're going for a ride... Anyone want to come along?... might be better...

Here's hoping.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 11:51 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I favor the RTE.

Time spent looking at motorcycles, even Harleys, is never wasted.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 11:54 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

[QUOTE=moparman70;1242579]I am in Oceanside -- I can give you a buzz next time we ride -- not a group just a group of friends --- Last ride was awesome -- we started in Temecula ( meetup) -- headed out through wine country to the 79 to Borrego Springs then around the south side of Salton Sea to Slab City then home via Palm Desert via 74 to 215 -- then split

We spent the day on the FJRs very smooth and fun for the day

sc2[/QUOT

Im in Murrieta. Just did the same basic ride out of Temecula with a group of friends. Real freak show out there.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 05:36 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I favor the RTE.
Absolutely, me too. It's just so hard to get a group to agree on a time, day and place.

Russ
2007A

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Group thing didnt go well. No one appeared at meeting place. Love that empty worthless feeling of being stood up. 🙂

- StratTuner - FJR1300 (2012)
"Time ... , why you punish me? Like the waves breaking on the shore
you wash away my dreams..." - Darius Rucker
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 09:51 AM
Farkle Trainee

Here in Savannah we have a group of 5 of us who ride every weekend and if the weather is bad we just meet for breakfast in the cages. Two FJR's,Two C14 and a Guzzi Griso

We all ride the same and get along fine.

Jerry Holland
2013 FJR1300A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page