FJR Riders Group in Southern California? - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 10:56 AM
Farkle Trainee

I mostly ride by myself. I use to ride with a group, but they were more interested in bar hopping, that gets old fast. I tried riding with a Harley friend, that didn't work eather. I'm use to riding 10 over the speed limit, not 10 under. I go to a GS (suzuki) rally in Bedford Indiana every summer. I like riding with them fellas. There's about 25 of us, but we all have our riding click of 4 or 5 in a group.... just rambling on wishing I was in southern California.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 11:13 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratTuner View Post
Group thing didnt go well. No one appeared at meeting place. Love that empty worthless feeling of being stood up. 🙂
I'm sorry but not in the least surprised. Men are notoriously unreliable, F 'em. Now you should have a better idea of why I sound so jaded in my post above. But don't let it get you down, do what I do:

plan for yourself, advertise the ride and go.

If others come, great! I plan for only me so I'm never disappointed if others can't or don't come. If someone else wants to plan something I'd be grateful and go if I could. Folks around me have their jobs and kids and families, going camping or boating or dirt riding, etc. so it can be hard for us to get together sometimes but generally no one bales out at the last minute or just doesn't show up. I think we all try to be a bit more courteous to each other than your group seems to be. It's all good if no one else can go, I'm the bestest and smartest company I know! I pop in the mp3 earbuds and amuse myself with 85gb of random music. Plus others don't seem as willing as I to hit the dirt roads. Great riding and sights out there.
StratTuner likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Thanks Guys. Planning and announcing the ride.... just to see who comes along... seems the best idea. If no one shows, fine. I go alone 99% of the time as it is, so no loss there.

- StratTuner - FJR1300 (2012)
"Time ... , why you punish me? Like the waves breaking on the shore
you wash away my dreams..." - Darius Rucker

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 11:48 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Thanks Guys. Planning and announcing the ride.... just to see who comes along... seems the best idea. If no one shows, fine. I go alone 99% of the time as it is, so no loss there.
Im in Murrieta and do some kind of ride every week, got a couple of buddies that usually go too. Always up for a good ride. Retired so anytime works.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
So Cal Ride 29 Feb. 2020
OK... So Cal riders of any type...

Planning a ride from Temecula to Cook's Corner on

Saturday FEB. 29. -- 09:00 depart time
(GPS: 33.481413, -117.143673)
(show up at 08:30 if you want to visit with people first.)
Meeting place with be the Dead End of Temecula Parkway (Hwy 79 S) at the 15 Frewway next to the "Jack in the Box" there.

Ride highlights:
  • Highway 76
  • Pacific Coast Highway
  • Ladera Canyon (starbucks with best patio view..stop for coffee)
  • Lake Mission Viejo (ride by.)
  • Cook's Corner (famous motorcycle gathering place. Google it!)
  • Santiago Canyon
  • Jamboree Rd down to Newport Beach (turn around point)
  • Starbucks near Crystal Cove (GPS: 33.570008, -117.832589)
the Starbucks at Crystal cove (or near) is where it ends. Find your own way home from there or any point along the way.

Cooks Corner for lunch, but bring cash - they don't accept plastic.

NB: I'm avoiding the Ortega Hwy ON PURPOSE. People on Motorcycles die there far too often...especially on Saturdays.

- StratTuner - FJR1300 (2012)
"Time ... , why you punish me? Like the waves breaking on the shore
you wash away my dreams..." - Darius Rucker
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 01:17 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
So Cal Ride 29 Feb. 2020
OK... So Cal riders of any type...

Planning a ride from Temecula to Cook's Corner on

Saturday FEB. 29. -- 09:00 depart time
(GPS: 33.481413, -117.143673)
(show up at 08:30 if you want to visit with people first.)
Meeting place with be the Dead End of Temecula Parkway (Hwy 79 S) at the 15 Frewway next to the "Jack in the Box" there.

Ride highlights:
  • Highway 76
  • Pacific Coast Highway
  • Ladera Canyon (starbucks with best patio view..stop for coffee)
  • Lake Mission Viejo (ride by.)
  • Cook's Corner (famous motorcycle gathering place. Google it!)
  • Santiago Canyon
  • Jamboree Rd down to Newport Beach (turn around point)
  • Starbucks near Crystal Cove (GPS: 33.570008, -117.832589)
the Starbucks at Crystal cove (or near) is where it ends. Find your own way home from there or any point along the way.

Cooks Corner for lunch, but bring cash - they don't accept plastic.

NB: I'm avoiding the Ortega Hwy ON PURPOSE. People on Motorcycles die there far too often...especially on Saturdays.
I always start a new thread in the Meetings & Events section for each different ride. Easier for folks to keep up with. I just edit the first post as needed as time passes, noting with a new post in that same thread that an edit/update has been done. Remember- an edit does not show up as a new post, so folks using the New Post feature will never see it if you don't tell them.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 05:44 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-64 View Post
I mostly ride by myself. I use to ride with a group, but they were more interested in bar hopping, that gets old fast. I tried riding with a Harley friend, that didn't work eather. I'm use to riding 10 over the speed limit, not 10 under. I go to a GS (suzuki) rally in Bedford Indiana every summer. I like riding with them fellas. There's about 25 of us, but we all have our riding click of 4 or 5 in a group.... just rambling on wishing I was in southern California.
I got tired of the bar thing too, so I tried a snowmobile club and have alotta ppl to ride with now. Mostly older guys who have done the drinkin thing all up. Its working out pretty good. As for M.C. , I mostly ride alone, haven't really met to many who like to ride longer days like I do. I did 1 trip out west with 12 guys once, wont be doing that again. I do like the fjr meet up we did for 2 yrs out in Co. but it didn't happen last yr, hopefully it will happen this yr.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 08:14 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Free Riders on Meetup. The only rule is there aren't any.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 12:25 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw View Post
I got tired of the bar thing too, so I tried a snowmobile club and have alotta ppl to ride with now. Mostly older guys who have done the drinkin thing all up. Its working out pretty good. As for M.C. , I mostly ride alone, haven't really met to many who like to ride longer days like I do. I did 1 trip out west with 12 guys once, wont be doing that again. I do like the fjr meet up we did for 2 yrs out in Co. but it didn't happen last yr, hopefully it will happen this yr.
Sometimes the only way something happens is when someone unexpected spearheads it. That could be you......

Russ
2007A

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSwims View Post
Free Riders on Meetup. The only rule is there aren't any.
Yep. Member of that group. Hoping for some fun rides after one false start.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page