You guys know me, I like to plan in advance
Hoping to head to Huntington, WV this July or August for a long Fri-Mon weekend. One other, my buddy Rob the Indian Guy is confirmed. He's been pretty reliable for the 10 or so yrs we've taken summer rides. Ken the HD Guy I'm not sure about yet.
It's very early in the plan so I haven't looked at routes or places. We've been up that way a couple times, there's not really any bad roads to be had. One ride, probably Saturday is to Columbus, OH. There's a bucket list item there plus 5 or so Diners, Drive Ins and Dives places there for lunch. Everything else we'll be winging it unless someone has a suggestion of a must see or do. https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/vie....php?f=34&t=27
Everyone is of course welcome to join us if you can. We're leisurely riders but to each his own. I'll be posting specifics as Rob, Ken & I figure them out. Our general rules:
- ride your ride;
- some folks may choose to NOT be ATGATT. If this bothers you please reconsider attending, no one wants to be lectured about how to dress. To each his own.
- no leaders, just chilled riders. I'll have Garmin waypoints & maybe routes but we're all experienced enough to figure out where we're going.
- ride your ride.
- we choose NOT to drink alcohol when riding. Your bike, your choice, we don't care, but we do reserve the right to avoid you if we feel like it. After the day, at the pool or in the parking lot, is another matter .
- bike doesn't matter, everyone is welcome so bring the wife, kid, mistress, boyfriend. Whatever. Who am I to judge ?
- we may break into smaller groups of riders so it's less stressful for everyone. Everyone is invited to go his/her/its own way if the group thing ain't your thing.
- ride your ride.
- someone try to remember some "Hello my name is" labels and a sharpie. I always forget .
- I plan for stuff for me and my regular riding buds, no one's feelings will be hurt if someone comes but does different stuff. To each his/her/its own. We chill. Ride some, rest some, eat & drink some, repeat. It's vacation, we relax.