Fall hoons ride 2019 - Page 5 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

This last weekend we enjoyed our 17th Annual FJR Owners State of Origin ride - it all started here back in 2003. A little bit like your annual Hoons ride.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg All the bikes smaller.jpg (990.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg David.jpg (460.3 KB, 15 views)
wheaton and Aroxx like this.

IBA 21684

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I (may) did crash but I (will) did not die by accident
Brakes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Who needs brakes - they only slow you down
but when you do need them, use them with all your might

Last edited by david1300; 10-01-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

David, Is that you with the WHITE FJR? Never seen one, looks beautiful and very Starwars Stormtrooperish. Way cool, congrats to the boys in Australia!

May the wind take your troubles away.
post #43 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

We are going to have Company

The MSTA is having its "Byway Boogie" ride the same weekend. They are going to be based out of the good-ole Sherwood Best Western in Clarksville. I have seen some St. Louis area members saying they are going. Could get crowded on Push and 123. It will be fun. TW

post #44 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 08:19 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Bikes are easy to pass. (Hopefully they won't have the National Guard out there when they see all the bikes.) The Porshe and Corvette clubs are the ones that are a pain.

I'm sure we'll be all around there, but we may have to skip the pie at Oark because MSTA stands for "Ride to Eat" in some foreign tongue.
wheaton likes this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #45 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainWreck View Post
David, Is that you with the WHITE FJR? Never seen one, looks beautiful and very Starwars Stormtrooperish. Way cool, congrats to the boys in Australia!
Yep, that's me. There are quite a few on the roads in Australia, as they are used by many of our police forces. They then come on sale on the 2nd hand market at very reasonable prices. Mine is unique, as it has a black tank and I use my black panniers from my original black FJR that met it's demise about 5 years ago when I was hit from behind. When the bikes are sold by the police they come as a single seater (see piccie - not mine). Mine has been converted to carry a pillion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 191003 Police Bike.jpg (103.0 KB, 11 views)

IBA 21684

Brakes
post #46 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 11:38 AM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by david1300 View Post
Yep, that's me. There are quite a few on the roads in Australia, as they are used by many of our police forces. They then come on sale on the 2nd hand market at very reasonable prices. Mine is unique, as it has a black tank and I use my black panniers from my original black FJR that met it's demise about 5 years ago when I was hit from behind. When the bikes are sold by the police they come as a single seater (see piccie - not mine). Mine has been converted to carry a pillion.
So David, if these are common police bikes where you are, does that mean when your on the highway and roadways, people slow down in front of, and around you?

- Jim,
AMA Life and MSTA member
2014 GenIII ES
2002 VTX1800c
post #47 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator
High-G FJR Junkie!

Sometimes yes. When you see one from the front it can be quite imposing. There are mirror surrounds that act as hand guards, and these tend to be decked out in highly reflective yellow or our police blue and white checker pattern. These cause all traffic to slow and part like the red sea. You can see as well what it looks like which all the high vis stickers stripped off. The major bodywork differences are the mirror surrounds, footguards, radio box in place of rear seat, the rear tail section and the crash bars. Every police dept has their own version of lights and sirens. The bikes do come with additional dedicated switchgear for radio, lights & sirens, etc, and a second battery. When all that extra wiring is stripped out it takes about 8kg of weight off the bike. To convert to 'standard' costs about $2,000 (bear in mind our new salesroom price is $25,000) but many people leave them as solo seaters.

Mine was converted before I bought it, and all I did was remove the mirror handguards - oncoming bikes never waved when I had those on as it looked too much like a police bike head on.

Here is a link to an Australian reseller https://www.policemotorcycles.com.au/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Police Bike plain white.jpg (66.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Police Bike WA.jpg (80.1 KB, 10 views)

IBA 21684

Brakes
post #48 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 07:47 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

I have to bail on this ride. Y’all have fun - hope to catch you for the next NoMoSno.

Bob
2019 BMW R1250GS
post #49 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphoManiac View Post
I have to bail on this ride. Y’all have fun - hope to catch you for the next NoMoSno.
Sorry to hear that, Bob. See you at NMS next year. TW

post #50 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 11:11 PM
Farkle Trainee

I'll be there Thursday afternoon(ish). Not on the FJR this time, on the little red/white Desert Sled......heading in along TN/KY/MO border somewhere.......making it up as I go.
wheaton likes this.

If it has two wheels or a mainsail - I will pilot it.
Boof

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page