Carolinas/ VA Camping - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2019, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Carolinas/ VA Camping

I'm wanting to do some Moto camping this Spring/summer. I dont have a schedule, don't have a destination in mind, just seeing if any of the southeast boys would be interested. Im game for about anywhere, just not the Beach. Any Thoughts?
Blueridgerider likes this.

Ron

40 years on all kinds of 2-wheeled creations
Current Bike: 08 FJR1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 12:30 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater1970 View Post
I'm wanting to do some Moto camping this Spring/summer. I dont have a schedule, don't have a destination in mind, just seeing if any of the southeast boys would be interested. Im game for about anywhere, just not the Beach. Any Thoughts?
Count me out! I used to love to camp but gravity isn't kind to the old bones anymore. I do recommend NC State Parks: cheap, different levels of isolation, many have facilities like showers if you're into that kind of thing . In the below pic, each star represents a park, forest, light house, etc. I've been to just in NC. If you zoom in to the top left corner you'll see there's an app for that!

https://www.ncparks.gov/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jan 2019.jpg (222.6 KB, 20 views)
mitchnj likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Yea, it hought I recalled you saying as such on one of our rides, However maybe we can get somewhere with a cabin or two on one trip!

Ron

Old 03-05-2019, 02:54 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

As long as it's at a fairly high elevation and not the end of July or beginning of August. As far as camping, I use a trailer, and bring an inflatable bed, so as long as it's not too hot, I sleep as good as I do at home. LOL

Put me on the mailing list.

Maybe when Russ gets all healed and feels young again, he will reconsider. LOL
Blueridgerider likes this.

07 FJR 48,000 miles 03 Yamaha FJR1300
1986 Yamaha FZX700 1977 Kawasaki KX250 1978? Yamaha TY250 1979 Yamaha YZ250 1970 850 Moto Guzzi 1974? Honda XL 100 1978? Yamaha XT500 1975 Yamaha RD350B 1964 Bridgestone 90S
Old 03-05-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by philharmonic View Post
As long as it's at a fairly high elevation and not the end of July or beginning of August. As far as camping, I use a trailer, and bring an inflatable bed, so as long as it's not too hot, I sleep as good as I do at home. LOL

Put me on the mailing list.

Maybe when Russ gets all healed and feels young again, he will reconsider. LOL
That was my thought as well, I want to avoid super hot weather, so was generally thinking higher elevations but thats not a must. Just not the Beach, when we have the Camper pulled down at the beach for a week last year and some poor soul was in a Tent in upper 90 temps, and not hardly any shade.. No thanks! Maybe find some place with small towns nearby with some lodging that Russ or some others can crash at that dont want to camp. They could sit around the fire, chat and have some grub and then head back to town and then meet up again the next morning.

Ron

Last edited by ronheater1970; 03-05-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:37 PM
Farkle Trainee

Planning to head down to the Dragon in early May and will be camping. Want to be down there in the middle of the week to really be able to enjoy the roads in the area. Would be happy to have some company. Using this as a motocamping gear test trip for a run up to Alaska that I have planned for the summer of ‘20.
mitchnj, rbentnail, amgear and 2 others like this.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:57 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

'Preciate the optimism fellas but don't count on it. As I've aged I've grown accustomed to the amenities of having a pool and A/C after a hot Carolina day & a bed I can roll out of instead of trying to get up from. No, camping ain't for me. Besides, with the new hip, maybe I can spend a little more time on the golf course without suffering. I sure miss that game!

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-11 View Post
Planning to head down to the Dragon in early May and will be camping. Want to be down there in the middle of the week to really be able to enjoy the roads in the area. Would be happy to have some company. Using this as a motocamping gear test trip for a run up to Alaska that I have planned for the summer of ‘20.
Cool keep us posted on your plans!

Ron

Old 03-06-2019, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
'Preciate the optimism fellas but don't count on it. As I've aged I've grown accustomed to the amenities of having a pool and A/C after a hot Carolina day & a bed I can roll out of instead of trying to get up from. No, camping ain't for me. Besides, with the new hip, maybe I can spend a little more time on the golf course without suffering. I sure miss that game!
Yea I get it, it isnt for everyone, but like I said, maybe we find some place not far off from town, and those that dont feel like camping could enjoy the fire, company and grub experience, then wander back into town later and sleep at a lodge somewhere and catch back up with everyone in the morning.. A lot of state parks have lodging nearby.
philharmonic likes this.

Ron

Old 03-23-2019, 10:34 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

In the old days camping was fun, not so much now eh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photos-1510.jpg (64.6 KB, 34 views)
jspicoli likes this.

Russ
2007A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in