Hoon Ride: No Mo Sno April 2018 - Page 5 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 11:02 AM
Farkle Trainee

I hope summer falls on the weekend this year.......
W8NONU likes this.

Dave P.
2004 FJR1300 ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainWreck View Post
My Hoons: I am unfortunately continuing to have hip problems and am unable to ride and obligations at home have arisen which will prevent me fro attending. You allhave a swift and safe ride, enjoy the experience of the magnificent roads of NW AR. See you next ride. TrainWreck
Dang Train. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully they'll get you fixed back up. I'll be gimpin along with my new shoulder, but it's not too bad now. Hang in there, we'll ride soon.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #43 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDave View Post
I hope summer falls on the weekend this year.......
I know what you mean... When I lived in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan summer would come on a Thursday and I had to work!
GuitarDave likes this.

The best days to ride end in "Y"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #44 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 10:09 PM
Farkle Trainee

We'll miss ya TW and hope your hip gets into riding shape sooner rather than later. Maybe we can hook up with ya for a fall Hoon Run........or just come down here to the Florida Keys if winter gets ya down next year

I lived in the U.P. of Michigan for many years (still have a cabin up there near Iron Mountain)....I seem to recall that we had a summer one winter !!

If it has two wheels or a mainsail - I will pilot it.
Boof
post #45 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:03 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by boofer View Post
We'll miss ya TW and hope your hip gets into riding shape sooner rather than later. Maybe we can hook up with ya for a fall Hoon Run........or just come down here to the Florida Keys if winter gets ya down next year

I lived in the U.P. of Michigan for many years (still have a cabin up there near Iron Mountain)....I seem to recall that we had a summer one winter !!
e

I got out of the military at KI Swayer and moved to Kingsford. Was in the UP from 1981 til 1997...I'm still thawing out...

post #46 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 10:10 PM
Farkle Trainee

Kingsford !!! I moved to the U.P. in 1993 , worked at the VA Medical Center and lived in Spread Eagle (I can hear the snickers on the board now.....). I bet we bumped shoulders at Fontana's or one of the other fine restaurants in Iron Mountain Oh.......excuse me did I say restaurant.........I really meant to say "Supper Club"........

One of my favorite business signs in the U.P. said "Beer, Wine, Liquor.....Hunters Welcome !!"

I love the U.P. of Michigan........
W8NONU likes this.

If it has two wheels or a mainsail - I will pilot it.
Boof
post #47 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 12:12 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by boofer View Post
Kingsford !!! I moved to the U.P. in 1993 , worked at the VA Medical Center and lived in Spread Eagle (I can hear the snickers on the board now.....). I bet we bumped shoulders at Fontana's or one of the other fine restaurants in Iron Mountain Oh.......excuse me did I say restaurant.........I really meant to say "Supper Club"........

One of my favorite business signs in the U.P. said "Beer, Wine, Liquor.....Hunters Welcome !!"

I love the U.P. of Michigan........
Yep, Fontana's, Romanolgi's or T&T supper club... The other sign "Homemade Pasty's" always got me. A Upper never met a Pasty he didn't like...

post #48 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

If anybody wants to download the route files, they're wrapped up in these files somehow.

One is GDB and the other is GPX. I think you can download them, open them and poke the routes into your Garmins.

www.tvguys.com/spotserver/2018NoMoSnoSatGPX.zip
www.tvguys.com/spotserver/2018NoMoSnoSatGDB.zip

Otherwise, everybody has their maps, the routes are pretty logically circular, we always stop at the next intersection and if anybody gets tired, they can run back to the barn and start drinking early. I think my new shoulder's going to go the distance, though the chill may suck. I plan on riding out at about 9am both days.

See y'all down there!
W8NONU likes this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *

Last edited by Liquidsilver; 04-16-2018 at 02:07 PM.
post #49 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 02:41 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Looking like Saturday is going to be cool and wet on you guys.
post #50 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopheadama View Post
Looking like Saturday is going to be cool and wet on you guys.
Yeah, Mother Nature wouldn't want us to go soft or anything.
W8NONU likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page