Hoon Ride: No Mo Sno April 2018 - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 12:47 PM
Farkle Trainee

Gentlemen and/or Hoons: I am still having hip joint issues, had an injection 3 weeks ago and it is improving but I am currently unable to mount, let alone ride for extended time, my FJR. Am hoping to get the joint ready to ride...my Vstrom is a bit less taxing so I may be on that. If not, I will be coming down just for the fellowship and outright lies. Here's hoping. TW
Liquidsilver and W8NONU like this.

May the wind take your troubles away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 11:42 PM
CSI
Farkle Trainee

I will be in the area.......there is a Goldwing gathering taking place in Rogers that same weekend.

Some of us have wives who ride, and they enjoy the pace that our normal group of friends ride at....that's code for "the wives would be pissed if we took off to go ride with another group".

HOWEVER: Within the group we will be riding with, there will be myself and another friend who recently bought a Concours....we may take off for some spirited fun from turn to turn, but will wait for our beloved wimmins at the next turn...

While not riding with you fine upstanding gentlemen, we may bump into you along the roads somewhere..
W8NONU likes this.
post #33 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI View Post
you fine upstanding gentlemen,

Yessir! You guys have a good one and... uh... let's not meet by accident.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *

post #34 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
I wished I could make it, but the dates will not work for me. I love riding the roads in West Arkansas. I try to get out that way every year or two. I am hoping to make the Changing of The Colors Rally in October. The rally is about 10 miles south of Mena. I hope I can get a room at the Limetree Inn in Mena. I see the Limetree was the motel where you had the first NO Mo Sno ride.

Earl
post #35 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oldred View Post
I see the Limetree was the motel where you had the first NO Mo Sno ride.

Earl
Yessir it was. Odd little place, but it's special to us. We were all so new to web forums and such... and it was the strangest experience for all of us. 13 identical bikes, guys that had (mostly) never met before, and it was like we were instantly life-long friends.
2014oldred likes this.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #36 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 09:38 PM
Farkle Trainee

One month away...the count down begins! What's it gonna be...Hwy 16, Hwy 23, Hwy 123, Hwy 74, Hwy 103, Hwy 215, Hwy 21... Ponca, Jasper, Boxley, Ozone, Low Gap, Mt Judea, Oark, Pettigrew, Turners Bend... Twisties, elevation changes, little traffic, one lane bridges, switchbacks, great scenery... So many fun roads and so little time!
Liquidsilver likes this.

The best days to ride end in "Y"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #37 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 09:18 PM
Farkle Trainee

I'm on track to head up, so see y'all in a few weeks. Given my latitude, I'll be leaving on the 18th and crawl up the Gulf Coast.......then head NW(ish) once I hit Mobile area. Just making it up as I go and looking for interesting places, which is 1/2 the fun.

Hope your feeling better TW !!!
Liquidsilver likes this.

If it has two wheels or a mainsail - I will pilot it.
Boof
post #38 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 04:53 PM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewittk1965 View Post
Just joined the forum!! Have been watching some of the posts and rides in and around Arkansas since last fall. Hoping to possibly join you guys in Clarksville for the Friday or Saturday ride just not sure exactly which day yet(work often gets in the way). Looks like great fun and fellowship with like minded folks!! When I say just joined I mean as in 10 minutes ago!! I noticed it was all bikes welcome as I have an ST1100. Thanks for posting the invite!! Ken Dewitt
And then in June head westward for our second annual "Ride the Rockies". And again, ALL bikes are welcome. I'm more or less the organizer and I haven't owned an FJR in over a year, now:

https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/18-m...es-2018-a.html

'08 GSX650F
'03 FJR1300
'07 GS500F
'86 FJ1200
'80 CB750F
'76 KZ750
'69 CB350
(and the spousal unit rides a Ninja 500!)
post #39 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Looks like good dates for me, I'll come down from So. IN on Friday late, so ride with youse on Sat/Sun.
Hank 502.643.5626 [email protected]
Liquidsilver and W8NONU like this.
post #40 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Farkle Trainee

My Hoons: I am unfortunately continuing to have hip problems and am unable to ride and obligations at home have arisen which will prevent me fro attending. You allhave a swift and safe ride, enjoy the experience of the magnificent roads of NW AR. See you next ride. TrainWreck
W8NONU likes this.

May the wind take your troubles away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page