FJR Owners Forum banner

NoMoSno 2017

13K views 85 replies 18 participants last post by  rbentnail 
#1 ·
Time to start talking about who, what, when and where.... I am looking at the last 2 weekends of April...what you fellers think?

#33 ·
Well, Austin is lovely, but we wouldn't be seeing Petey anyway if he's at the races all day.

And the Hill Country is lovely too, but it ain't the Ozarks, Smokies, Rockies or Sierras.

I'd rather just stay the plan, unless y'all have strong feelings about it. :)

#35 ·
Well, Austin is lovely, but we wouldn't be seeing Petey anyway if he's at the races all day.

And the Hill Country is lovely too, but it ain't the Ozarks, Smokies, Rockies or Sierras.

I'd rather just stay the plan, unless y'all have strong feelings about it. :)
That's right, not just 1 day, but all 3 days, you all know you can't beat riding the Ozarks. :wink2:

#39 ·
SmashVol, it'll be great to have you join up sometime.

This group is very friendly and informal.

We just ride some routes and have some beers at the end. :ale:

I might bring my Honda this year!

Reactions: J-Luv
#48 ·
I-70 through Colorado, at least from the western border to Denver, is freakin' beautiful, IF ya have to ride on the slab. Especially through areas like Grand Junction and Glenwood Canyon. See video below, shot on our recent drive toward Denver. I-70 Thru Kansas is worse than riding through **** (I would assume).

Reactions: kyote and J-Luv
#59 ·
5 weeks to nomosno

Hey Ian! Outstanding to hear from the wilds of Iowa, it will be awesome to meet up with you on Saturday! Grover, sorry to hear you cant make it from Tejas...I have got to get down THERE to ride Big Bend with y'all. At any rate, here's the lineup:

IN
Boofer
ianbh
Liquidsilver
2riders
Memphomaniac
KTM John from STL
TrainWreck

7 and counting!

#60 ·
Grover, sorry to hear you cant make it from Tejas...I have got to get down THERE to ride Big Bend with y'all.
Ed, :grin2: your welcome anytime. Have a spare room you can use if you'd like! Big Bend is nice to ride, but bang for the buck the Hill Country might be a better consideration. Big Bend is a WAYS out there and the riding is good, but not great. Scenery though, that's another story. The night skies are fantastic on clear nights! The Hill Country though, lots of curves and all are within riding distance from the house.

Hope you guys have a great time! Be safe, I know you will. Hoist one for our lost comrades and I do hope to see you guys soon!

#61 ·
I'm all set. I'm going to meander from Orlando and diagonal up through Alabama>Tupelo>Gassville and see y'all on Friday. I'm planning to stay in a town called "Eufaula" Alabama just because it is on the way and looks like a lake is there.
If any of y'all have suggestions for other "neat" towns to overnight in SouthEast(ish) Alabama let me know !!

#63 ·
3 weeks to NoMoSno

Not too late, call the luxurious Brass Door Motel in Gassville and make your reservation. I gotta start planning my maintenance prep for the trip and order new rubber fore and aft....

IN
Boofer
ianbh
Liquidsilver
2riders
Memphomaniac
KTM John from STL
TrainWreck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.