FB4 Short's "My Big Day" - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

we are leaving at 4pm, so we won't be there until about 7pm...... see you all for the rave of the year

It is better to be weird and remembered than ordinary and forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

thanks for the invite Brian, we had a great night, good to see everyone again.

Got home about 7pm after a good days biking, great roads and good weather, the perfect end to a great weekend.......

It is better to be weird and remembered than ordinary and forgotten
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Brian,

Thanks so very much for inviting Janis and myself. It was good to see everybody again but even better to see you enjoying yourself with family and friends.

We ended the weekend with a walk in Kinmel Bay, in the sunshine. Fantastic.

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way you were told.

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 05:05 AM
FJR Top Gun

Great evening Brian, many congratulations on growing old disgracefully, long may it continue.

Took a scenic route home via the Ponderosa and some of the nicer bits of Shropshire and Worcestershire, but first stop was the viewpoint at Gwaenysgor. Get the feeling we weren't the only ones to check it out in daylight.

"How was he so fast?...We now know his pants were on fire."
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Farkle Trainee

Thanks Brian, had a great weekend in lovely surroundings with good friends.

Weather was a plus point and took in the same views as Steve and Christine, Mike and Bev, Baggy and Rhonda etc and then continued down into Prestatyn via the steep hill.

Looking forward to revisiting in 2013!!
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Farkle Trainee

Just home. Great weekend Brian, thanks for inviting us. Was nice to meet your family and see all the FJR crew again. And how you made a speech after all that alcohol I'll never know...You should now have enough whisk(e)y to see you through the year.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
What Sue said had a great time even though I got blisters on my feet from dancing with the FJR WIG's (Womens Institute Groupies).

FJR gone sorry chaps.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator
Farkle Trainee

What a great do Brian, thank you for inviting us to share your big day

We went UP the steep hill to the lookout.. it would have been much easier on a supermoto !!

A good quick run home, the rain held off untill we got past Bodmin moor, and then it was only a bit of liquid sunshine.

See you all soon

Stu and Ronda..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to FB4Short
Hi All

Just about come round now. As you can imagine I was a bit out of it by the end, went home and had a malt whisky with my son in law. Went to bed just after 2am. Got roused off the loo at 9am as the dogs had escaped from the back garden and were roaming the estate. I was not impressed.

Had to start all over again at lunchtime, with brothers and their wifes, but very subdued.

I would like to sincerely thank all of you for coming to my night, and helping me have a great time. It was really good to see so many of my friends from all over the country and from the near continent, I can't believe that you all came just for me. As you noticed I was a little overwhelmed. I hope I didn't make too many damp eyes, but I have quite a lot of people to thank for getting me to this stage of my life. Virtually everyone in that pub has given me the help and friendship that I have needed to overcome the various traumatic times, both self inflicted and thrown at me, that have come my way over the years

Once again a very big THANKYOU to you all.

Brian
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via MSN to FB4Short
Hi All

Just a quick note to say thankyou to all of you who were on the coach that night that with your generous contributions and the coach man and myself we raised a total of 250 which has been donated to St Kentigern's Hospice in St Asaph.

Many thanks to you all

Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page