hunters among us? - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 06:32 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Prairie dogs are a good reason to "waste" ammo. They still carry bubonic plague. There's been a hunter advisory out for year about not handling them for photo ops. Even with gloves you're not protected from the flees.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

had a successful trip for turkey. Managed to fill both tags with my bow. I usually don't shoot jakes because they are almost like shooting fish in a barrel. These three jakes fell in love with my hen decoy so I managed to take a few photos before they finally decided to move along to go to roost for the night.
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 11:18 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Garage
Hunting with a mothercyle

Years ago I use to ride a 1999 Kawasaki Concours. It was my first sports touring bike. The Concours Owners Group (COG) was great about holding rallies. While riding to a COG rally in Deer Lodge Montana I was riding at night and hit and killed a small deer. I managed to stay up right and the bike was not damaged to much (knocked of a saddle bag and cracked the fairing). Rode home and got the bike fixed. A couple of years later I was attending another COG rally, this one in the Lolo pass area of Idaho. As I was leaving the rally in the early morning two large deer came out onto the roadway. I hit the brakes and just hoped the damm deer would get out of the way as they were blocking the whole road. Well I ended up hitting and killing another deer. I returned to the rally site so I could clean off my riding suit and bike. We were both covered in green deer poop, blood and deer hair. I stayed up right in that accident also. Again the fairing was busted up and had to be replaced. My boss at work claimed I was hunting deer out of season and using my motorcycle as the weapon. Needles to say I have an appreciation of ABS, and I really keep an eye open for those four legged vermin.
Redfish likes this.
post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 03:28 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Elk, turkey, grouse, rabbit
Trout, salmon, yellow perch
Oysters and clams

Hope work buddy will invite on a black bear hunt.

Want to do a wild hog hunt for sub 180 pounders to eat - bacon and ham!!!!!!

Reason I live in Seattle, something is in always in season

2003 Honda Gold Wing GL1800A (Current), 2005 Yamaha FJR1300A (Former), 1985 Kawasaki GPZ900R Ninja (Former)
ATGATT - My Safety Gear Has Saved Me Twice!
Seattle/Eastside - Pacific Northwest Outdoorsman (Salmon & Shellfish)

Last edited by jtdunc; 01-10-2018 at 03:30 AM.
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 12:05 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I dont hunt but up here in Northern Idaho everyone does it seems. You might as well forget getting anything done when October approaches. Guys just quick their jobs if not allowed to hunt.

2013 FJR1300 and other bikes
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Caribou and moose, wolf and bear here in Alaska, Halibut, lingcod and 3 of the 5 species of salmon
Deer and turkey at my house in Arkansas, stripers, bass, walleye and crappie
philharmonic and jtdunc like this.
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
I stayed up right in that accident also.
Quite impressed that you kept the rubber on the road in both instances. I have a brother that kept the rubber on the road in one deer/bike crash but wasn't that lucky on the second deer/bike crash. And I've only had one very near miss on my old 87 Venture with a deer, and I went down without even hitting the deer which was do to the sand on the asphalt and the lack of ABS brakes on the bike. Sand on asphalt is like marbles on tile, I can tell you that much.
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 11:56 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Both my wife and I hunt mostly Elk here in AZ. We both connected last year and have a couple freezers full of meat!!

"What if the HOKEY POKEY "IS" what it's all about?"
"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 01:28 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

White tail, turkey, quail, dove.

Picked up a new Model 700 5-RS Gen2 w/20" bbl, scope (6-20x50), and Pelican case this past week. Am sorting out the case for the rifle and accessories and will hit the range this weekend. Have a can in jail awaiting the tax stamp approval that will work great with the short-ish bbl.

(not mine but it looks like this)

N4HHE and azjohnnyo like this.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 07:46 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Just moved here to South Carolina from South Florida. Haven't even got a rifle yet, but want to learn to hunt deer and turkey etc. Old peoples license is $9.00 for every license for the rest of my life. Sweeet.

In Florida, we hunted underwater, Grouper, Snapper, Cobia, {lobster}, so it's quite a bit different up here.
azjohnnyo likes this.

07 FJR 48,000 miles 03 Yamaha FJR1300
1986 Yamaha FZX700 1977 Kawasaki KX250 1978? Yamaha TY250 1979 Yamaha YZ250 1970 850 Moto Guzzi 1974? Honda XL 100 1978? Yamaha XT500 1975 Yamaha RD350B 1964 Bridgestone 90S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page