How to address marital controversy. - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 163Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:35 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
Spousal Unit and I use Sena radios for bike to bike commo. Contrary to what you may think, they reduce the likelihood of unpleasant and unwanted exchanges. We use them sparingly and often only for short and to the point transmissions. For example: "need gas", "break", "next exit", "next right" or "idiot". Without the radios once we were stopped there would be much longer, much more pointed and one way conversations in which it was made clear that one of us is, "an idiot for not knowing that we should have stopped 40 miles ago for a break, and why didn't you see me signaling for you to pull over and I've been running on fumes and slow the **** down, you idiot?!?!?!?" By the way, she is much more the Iron Butt then me.

Kevin
The Outpost, Silver City, MT
2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Spousal Unit and I use Sena radios for bike to bike commo. Contrary to what you may think, they reduce the likelihood of unpleasant and unwanted exchanges. We use them sparingly and often only for short and to the point transmissions. For example: "need gas", "break", "next exit", "next right" or "idiot". Without the radios once we were stopped there would be much longer, much more pointed and one way conversations in which it was made clear that one of us is, "an idiot for not knowing that we should have stopped 40 miles ago for a break, and why didn't you see me signaling for you to pull over and I've been running on fumes and slow the **** down, you idiot?!?!?!?" By the way, she is much more the Iron Butt then me.
I'll admit we tried and it didn't work out as well for me. She wants to talk too much, I mean , ALL THE TIME. So I told her it botherd me while riding and I stopped using it.
gggGary likes this.
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:56 AM
FJR Top Gun

We all need some alone time for sure. Terri does not go much of the time bit when she does we have convos just like we were in the car. We will talk continuously for a few hours sometimes.
Also when she is on the bike, or in the car for that matter, she is the chief navigator and research annalists. She is the one who finds places to eat, sleep, shop or whatever.
I am considering gluing a large pad of velcro to the upper back and shoulders of my jacket so she can stick her phone or tablet to it for a secure work space.
Doug36854 and SBPAjonesy like this.

Professional Mechanic
2014 Yamaha FJR
2001 Suzuki Bandit Highly modified
post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:57 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

We have an agreement about HER horses and MY motorcycles, it's worked fer 20 years.
We occasionally participate in the other's passion.
Together we van travel camp, rock climb, hike, and cross country ski.
FjrjrF and SBPAjonesy like this.

Fiddle futzing, cause I always buy bikes that need it.
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
We all need some alone time for sure. Terri does not go much of the time bit when she does we have convos just like we were in the car. We will talk continuously for a few hours sometimes.
Also when she is on the bike, or in the car for that matter, she is the chief navigator and research annalists. She is the one who finds places to eat, sleep, shop or whatever.
I am considering gluing a large pad of velcro to the upper back and shoulders of my jacket so she can stick her phone or tablet to it for a secure work space.
That velcro idea is great, and if she wanted to catch a few winks, you could put some velcro on HER jacket too.
lowrider and SBPAjonesy like this.

07 FJR 48,000 miles 03 Yamaha FJR1300
1986 Yamaha FZX700 1977 Kawasaki KX250 1978? Yamaha TY250 1979 Yamaha YZ250 1970 850 Moto Guzzi 1974? Honda XL 100 1978? Yamaha XT500 1975 Yamaha RD350B 1964 Bridgestone 90S
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 09:30 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Hers and his diaries.......
Attached Images
File Type: png Her Diary.png (310.9 KB, 90 views)

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 06:53 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Ok Kevin, it wasn't till the last line did I realize that all the things said in "quotes" were YOU and not her! LOL

- Jim,

2014 GenIII RED ES
2002 RED VTX1800c, she is STILL sweet!
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 08:20 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
My wife loves to ride with me especially when we go on multi state tours. we recently did a Lincoln themed tour where we started out from home, (Indy), went to the Thomas Lincoln homestead, then Springfield to the Lincoln home, tomb etc went to the southeast tip of Illinois, (Cave - In - Rock), took the ferry to KY ended up in Bardstown for some Kentucky bourbon. We talk a good bit and she is the official navigator since she has free hands. It's great as my ex and all my other significant others didn't care for bikes at all.
GuitarDave and SBPAjonesy like this.
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 08:42 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
We have had some hotsprings tours and multiple bakery tours. There are several of both between Montana and Fairbanks.
steve o'connor likes this.
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 03:31 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
My wife of 25 years does not ride, just not her thing. She has no problem with me making multiple trips every summer w/ friends. I stopped riding in the early 90's to help raise my children. started back up around 2006 and never looked back. Now I have passed the riding bug onto my sons (and skills) and now we ride together! The wife knows how much it means to me and is very supportive; it's my passion!!! 25 years of happy marriage and four bikes later, life couldn't be better.
lowrider likes this.

"Catching a yellow jacket in your shirt at 70 mph can double your vocabulary."

"Teach your children the love of motorcycles and they will never have money for drugs"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page