I'm done with the other forum - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 06:00 PM
mmm
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSudet View Post
He is, and he's the main reason I'm gone. This isn't the first time he's done this to me, but it certainly is his last. They're free to run their boards however they want. Not my place to say it should be run any other way. Just like dealing with a raging cager, I know when to just let it go and walk away.
True. Most forum admins forgot that boards need members (to jack up their rating, ad income or whatever) much more than members need boards.
steve o'connor likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 06:37 PM
FJR Top Gun

I posted on a thread a while ago. It was like my 5th post. I got suspended for "being off subject" . I had to apologize to get reinstated. No warning to a nube or anything, just suspended.
Keep in mine I am not a rookie. I am a 15 year member of the tightest run Forum on the net. Maximum-Suzuki. Griff the owner is well know as a guy who keeps tight controls on his forum. I am glad he does. But he is reasonable and a temporary ban for being off subject is not reasonable.

Professional Mechanic
2014 Yamaha FJR
2001 Suzuki Bandit Highly modified
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Yeah, Ig of the itchy trigger finger.

post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 07:46 PM
mmm
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o'connor View Post
Yeah, Ig of the itchy trigger finger.
Is he the owner of that board? How do these boards/forums work? Who own boards like this one and the other one? I assume the ad income keeps the boards running?
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Farkle Trainee

I don't use the other forum solely based on it not being on Tapatalk. Always just use my phone and the Tapatalk app makes this forum much easier to navigate.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:02 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1300 View Post
Sometimes the frustration needs to be lanced through positive action. We still love you here
It's not that he was unloved over there either. Several people were threadjacking and were asked as a group to stop. Some didn't and got private warnings about published policies.

He sort of used the nuke option for what was nothing more than a private (not seen by others) reminder.

I wouldn't have known about except that I got PMs from other members about offensive avatars and signatures. Even my response to the first complaint was using humor to deflect their anger. I eventually had to look into it. What a tempest in a tea pot.

Quote:
Who own boards like this one and the other one? I assume the ad income keeps the boards running?
This board was started as a private one and was sold to a company that owns and runs many and sell ad space on them to make money. The bigger of the US forums was and remains a privately-owned forum without ads.
david1300 likes this.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bounce; 06-04-2016 at 12:08 AM.
post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:32 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I got warned for being too political once and for asking who was going to the Moonshine Run so I very seldom post there. We will be going to the Ozarks next week and I posted about that and will probably update both there and here.
post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Apparently they didn't appreciate my new avatar and sig: "petulant reaction to a verbal warning to thread jacking warning" according to the latest 'warning'. Not sure what they expect the reaction to be to censorship and micromanagement of red blooded americans. Murica!

BWAHAHAAAHA

2013 FJR1300A -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 01:30 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Garage
You must have known that there would be such a reaction to your avatar and signature line. Surely, you know that it comes across as petulant. In the end everyone got what they wanted. You got to vent your frustrations and the administrator no longer has to respond to you.
post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Garage
I was going more for cynical satire than petulant, but either way, you're right. We're now done with each other. Oh well. New schedule starts Sunday for me and I'll have 3 day weekends with about 100 miles of unused commuting fuel each week. Time to start exploring more and worrying about possible censorship less
steve o'connor likes this.

2013 FJR1300A -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page