Moto GP - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Moto GP

Just heard Indy might get Moto GP in 2008. Anybody want tickets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 02:43 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Re: Moto GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwally
Just heard Indy might get Moto GP in 2008. Anybody want tickets?
Hope not !!

That'd be a crap track for Moto GP IMHO. Pretty boring already when AMA runs there. Gimme hills and valleys anyday, flat tracks suck !

After all the millions ++++++ that Yamaha has invested in Laguna, I can't see why they'd move it to Indy??????????????????

All lost who wander are
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Farkle Trainee

mid-ohio or elkhart would be a better choice wouldn't it?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Could be, but it was on the news last night. They are talking about running it on the Formula 1 track. Don't know if they would have to make any mods to it or not. After all, it cost to much for the fans in Ca.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 12:40 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Re: Moto GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHLANDER
That'd be a crap track for Moto GP IMHO. Pretty boring already when AMA runs there.
AMA doesn't run at Indy, what are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHLANDER
After all the millions ++++++ that Yamaha has invested in Laguna, I can't see why they'd move it to Indy??????????????????
I think we need a second GP in the states. How many do they have in Europe, 10? If we could get another track or two to be GP worthy here, they should have 3 here. Once on each coast, and then another. Yeah, Road America or Mid Ohio would be great choices. I've heard it would waaaaaay too expensive to certify Road America though.

Anyway, Laguna and at least one other GP in the states. I doubt the Indy road course would be a bad track for GP, but it is very flat. I think some of the Euro tracks are flat as well though.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 12:49 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Cycle News says Indy is being considered as the second USGP. Cool!!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20valves
Cycle News says Indy is being considered as the second USGP. Cool!!
That would be great if it happens. I am 30 minutes closer to Indy than Fastwally.

I would be very suprised if it happens without alot of modifications. AMA has tested there a few times and everyone said there wasn't enough run-off.

Blchandl2
'15 FJR1300 (Primer)
PEACE, Something to shoot for.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 12:26 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Shucks, that'd be close enough for me to ride there on one wheel!

Shocking info.

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsilver
Shucks, that'd be close enough for me to ride there on one wheel!
I'll meet you out front by the Ducati hat stand (sorry, old habits are hard to break).

My wife and I got separated at an F1 race there a few years back and neither of us had a cell phone. She had the car and the tickets and I had the money. The traffic there was a nightmare and I decided to make a run for it to take a leak while we were stuck in a virtual parking lot. She took the wheel and no sooner did I split for the store than some traffic cop arrived and parted the seas. I get in the store only to find they'd closed their toilets to the public. As I made my way back with a full bladder I noticed she was long gone. Very uncomfortable feeling in a sea of over 100k people. The bladder was none too comfy either.

My wife being unexpectedly ingenuitive that day found a bank with an ATM, got money and parked there then walked to the gate and waited for me. I had ran about two miles up the road (after finding a porta potty) before I lost all hope and turned back to the track. As I happened by the gate we were supposed to enter (unbeknownst to me) there she was waiting. I was so happy to see her I felt an emotional rush I imagine someone might feel greeting a loved one who has returned from war.

So just remember, we meet out front under the red umbrella with fast bikes and hot chicks
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 07:37 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Ummm... I have a cell phone.

( I actually find it a little uncomfortable sitting anywhere other than the back row in the Ducati-worshippers church. A little like a conservative protestant showing up for a snake-handlers convention, "Y'all can go first, really! Please!" )

* * Just hanging around until I can ride with Petey, Mack and Rock again. Never forgotten. * *

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page