FJR Owners Forum banner

I'll blow my own trumpet then!

4K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Kerry 
#1 ·
I posted this on the other forums I inhabit but forgot this one so here goes as I thought Liz might like this.

Some of you know and some of you don't but at the UK FJ Owners Club xmas do a few weekends ago I had the honour of being voted nationwide club member of the year 2005.

This came as a complete shock to me and has taken a few days to sink in. To say I was overwhelmed (thank god for waterproof mascara) is an understatement, I was and still am lost of words. The club presented me with a framed inscription of the speech, which was said at the presentation, which upon reflection I thought I'd share with you all. Hope you like it, I've thrown in a couple of pics too.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/34516045573.jpg&s=x11 The presentation 1

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/34516024354.jpg&s=x11 The presentation 2

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?pic=12/34516075176.jpg&s=x11 The morning after

FJ OWNERS CLUB MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2005

Miss Kerry Rawson

This year we have the honour of making you Kerry the first lady member of the year in the clubs history. Kerry, you have always shown an enthusiasm for the club and you have always been willing to give your time when needed to help anyone organise a run or social weekend. You have shown to everyone that to ride a big bike and to ride it well you only need the courage and willpower to do just that, and you do it very well indeed, as you have on many an occasion been willing to step into the role of marshal, as has your partner Mark.

We are of course most grateful this year for your successful intervention in the Whitby weekend, with the sad demise of our campsite owner and the complete run being in disarray with all the club officials out of the country, you and Mark not only came to our rescue but arguably did one of our best runs of the year! Well done!

But of course fame has its price!! And it must be said that you have had your 'off' moments as well! In fact you like many an ace in our club has been off enough times to earn yourself the nickname of 'The Gardener', in fact helping you up from the last moment you were heard to whisper "Thank god it was his bike and not my new FJR" as we pulled Mark's of late pristine FJ out of its resting place in the Northumberland hedgerow, but you remained relatively undamaged and we hope will spend many more year's motorcycling with us your friends in the Yamaha FJ/FJR Sports and Touring Club.

On behalf of FJ Owners:

Penguin and Gadget

#6 ·
Nice write up there Kerry - congratulations on being just plain fabulous!

Thanks also for your persistent contributions to the playground as although not everyone reponds there are many many of us larfing at our PC's and using those jokes as our own!

(what did she roll? lol)

#13 ·
Thanks guys & gals, think I've got over the initial shock now and feel quite proud really.

@ St ryder, if you'd seen my riding you definatley wouldnt call me an inspiration :lol:

@ coppertop, good weekend, umm I still had an headache at 6pm the following day :shock:

@ jooshead, glad you're enjoying the jokes 8)

@ scootersue, does that include going a$re over t!t at the Cotswolds :wink:

Oh and by the way, merry xmas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.